Next? What kind of camera are you buying next?

<p>I'm not talking brand here 'cause I don't want to open up that old can of worms...<br>

Are you going point and shoot, prosumer super-zoom, SLR, waterproof/tough, micro 4/3rds, Film?<br>

Of course these aren't all the choices and there are no wrong answers.</p>

<p>Honestly, I don't see myself buying any cameras in the near future. I'll openly admit that I'm not one to jump on every new body that comes out. That life is too expensive. As a Nikon user, I may buy a D3 or D700 when they become obsolete and worthless. But until then, my cameras are better than I am!</p>

<p>On a serious note, I think digital is truly slowing down. The dynamic range of the last generation was a big step forward (and is the only thing that makes me think my camera is 'outdated'). Most advancements are on the fringe features not entirely related to still photography in its essence.</p>

<p>I'd be fired if I worked for a camera company and had to come up with something in a camera that would TRULY advance photography.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I think my next camera will be a M42 body, probably a Praktica LTL. This was my first SLR and I'd like to have one again. I'm also seriously after a Minolta XE-1. I recently upgraded! From D 76 to Spur HRX III, and it will make a nice combination with TMax 100.</p>

<p>I just got a P&S for Father's Day. It has a metal case, HD movie, and a long lasting battery. Apparently I was whining about the low battery life in my other P&S. </p>

<p>I'm also waiting for two old film 35mm SLRs to arrive in the mail (bought em cheap off ebay and a photo forum). </p>

<p> </p>

<p>I plan on shooting my D200 as long as possible. I think the new camera models are moving into the multi function mode filled with gadgets and what not and that does not interest me. They do not even have ISO 100 anymore. So since I am good for a long while yet I will just watch the camera's and see what happens. No future purchases are in my plans for now. Maybe a medium format with digital back if the prices ever get super cheap but that is not likely.</p>

<p>Hopefully, my Nikon D300 is built to last, so I do not see any need for a new camera in the near future. </p>

<p>- Wait! Maybe the new little waterproof Canon Powershot 10-something. It could be fun taking some holiday shots under water...</p>

<p>I'm thinking one of the new hi end point and shoots. Then again, a new used medium format film system. I need a new car too. Probably end up not buying anything. I'm happy with 35mm.</p>

<p>The battle between "Wants and Needs" : I don't really need anything, BUT the new Voigtlander Bessa 667 coming out has got my attention. Very beautiful and portable and practical! Use for travel, weddings, causal outings,etc. And the 66/67 format is a real plus. But i don't know; but in the meantime i'm in the process of searching for $$$ under my sofa cushions... :)</p>

<p>I'm pretty much satisfied with my current outfit. Although, I don't think I would be above spending $25 on a project camera as a fix-up for fun. I had a chance to purchase recently, and I was more interested in things like small accessories to help make things work together better, or more raw materials to make more pictures with. Most of the items I was interested in were below $50. More film, more print paper; I picked up a couple of hot shoe adapters and some filter adapter rings; I just don't feel interested in something new and fancy. I kind of feel like a new camera means starting all over again, in a way. I feel more interested in sustaining and improving what's on hand for now. </p>

<p>I'm now using a D60 and D40x. I like their small size and light weight so I don't want a D90 or D300. If they replace the D60 with a camera that has a relatively low noise ISO 6400 or higher I'll buy one. If not I'm happy with what I have.</p>