New Ultrafine Plus films 100 ISO 120 format

<p>There have been a couple posts about Ultrafine B&W 120 format film, but not much about their "new" films. Ultrafine lists this film as "New Ultrafine Plus" which is entirely different than the previous Ultrafine film in the 120 format, widely believed to be Fomapan 100. <br>

I purchased a bunch of this film a while ago due to the low cost. The Ultrafine tech line would only suggest times for D-76 and HC-110 developers, and stated the film is from the orient. Their development PDF has not been updated to include the "New Ultrafine Plus" 120 format films either. <br>

Recently I decided to see how this film would do in Rodinal 1+100 stand processed. I think it did pretty good, here are some examples. <br>

I hope this may help provide an alternative developer / process when using this New Ultrafine Plus 120 format film. <br /> </p><div>00TUvY-138767784.jpg.d4f7d66e0f43f607c662c2738cba35bc.jpg</div>

<p>Russ,<br>

The previous Ultrafine <em>was</em> Fomapan and had the blue base. This "new" Ultrafine Plus has a clear base. The wrapping is the red firecracker sort of foil. I never tried the Shanghai film before, so I can't really say if this is the same. To me it doesn't matter so much where is comes from so long as the results are good. For the price, using this Rodinal combo it will work for me. It has a very fine grain which I like, and it doesn't curl like the Fomapan either.</p>

<p>The stuff I bought from him last winter was definitely Shanghai GP3 identical to the GP3 that I bought directly from Ebay seller cowy07. It also works well in Diafine (exposed at box speed). The only issues I have had with it are excessive curl and poor alignment of the film with the markings on the backing paper.</p>

<p>Seemingly, nobody cares about the fact that the Chinese chemical industries routinely dump their poisonous waist right into the nearest river. Film production is chemical industry.<br /> I exclusively buy EU/Japanese/US film for this reason. My palette of artistic expression will not suffer because of this, that's for sure. I prefer to be part of the solution.<br /> Moreover, honestly, who around this forum is so poor as not to be able to buy the cheapest non-Chinese film? --- <br /> You can save more money (on developer) by reeling two 120ies onto one spool! And you cut your darkroom time in half as a 'side effect'.</p>

<p>And the Americans send all ours to China to be disposed of..... Please no Soap box. Europe also sends the stuff we don't want to get recycled in China... wonder what happens to it... ? I have seen piles of auto/car batteries acid running on the ground and children beating them with hammers to get the lead out of them to be reused.. the plastic is ground up and remelted.</p>

<p>There is nothing that is sacred please.</p>

• 2 months later...