Need a quick answer....crop or not and how big is ok

<p>Hi,<br>

I am hoping to get a quick answer to this. I just started selling pics online thru SmugMug and I have a friend who wants to order this pic today and wants to do 16x20. Personally I would like to crop the empty space but then would that cause an issue with going 16x20?</p>

<p>I appreciate any replies. I have doen 16x20 before but hadn't from a cropped image.</p><div>00TPhO-136331584.jpg.8ea828ddb96c6283ee52a6aa70ca4a06.jpg</div>

<p>Definitely put the kid on the left third of the image. Crop what you need to to do that.</p>

<p>As far as printing, I would take it into PS, crop it to print at 240-300 ppi at 16x20 and just take a look at 50% view to see if you need to do any touch up at that size.</p>

<p>1_dont post image you are not comfortable with.</p>

<p>2_dont show image you are not comfortable with.</p>

<p>3_dont sell image you are not comfortable with.</p>

<p>4_As a client, what i have seen and order must be what i receive..if a client / friend / whatever seen the image like that..send him like that, and learn form this mistake so next time you post / show / sell image you like at the cropping you like.</p>

<p>Jen,<br>

Thanks, that's the type of info I need to learn more of as I go. I am comfortable with what to expect from 8x10 even 11x14 but once it gets to 16x20 I am not experienced enough yet to be able to guage an expected result quickly. Thank You.</p>

<p>Patrick,<br>

One thing I am wrestling with so far(just started selling this season) is the balance between how quickly to put up the images to my site so parents can look at them within a day after the game and being able to take the time to go through them in detail and crop/manipulate as I want.<br>

These are things I'll learn as I go through the process. Thank You much for the tips.</p>

<p>In the end it turns out his wife wants a different picture and wants it B&W. Still 16x20, and I'm goign to print it locally so I have some time.</p>