Question about Wal Mart 120 Processing

<p>I've made the plunge into medium format, and I have a question about Wal Mart's send out service.<br>

I've heard they process 120 film, but how does it come back?<br />Is the film rolled up?<br />Is it cut?</p>

<p>Until I can figure out how I want to store my 120 negs and transparancies, I don't want to have all sorts of different sizes of strips lying around.</p>

<p>Thanks for any input.</p>

<p>I request that the E-6 rolls be returned uncut. They return them rolled in a 1 3/4 inch tube, and so far so good. I cut the rolls to fit a standard 3-ring PrintFile Archival Preserver (CP 120-3HB). I get negative film returned with single 4 inch prints as proof sets. They cut negatives to fit their standard unprinted envelope. Unfortunately, they are taking longer and longer to return work (now up to two weeks).</p>

<p>Just today I picked up a roll of Velvia 100f 120 I had processed at Sam's Club. $4.88 and it took about 10 days. The film was sleeved, rolled and put in a tube as mentioned above. I have not had any negative 120 film processed there. The lab guy says the pickup service comes by only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays now so expect even longer times. The store itself will phase out the wet process machines this summer and be digital printing only, any film will be sent out. Here in Middle Tennessee the film from both Sam's and Walmart go to the same place.</p>

<p>Warning! Roller transport film processing machines very often don't use STABILZER, and they can scratch your film. I once worked at a photo lab that had a typical roller transport machine, no stabilizer, and a too short wash time. Two years latter my film was un-printable- stains, color shifts- ruined. Be sure to have your film processed in a "dip and Dunk" machine!</p>

• 3 weeks later...
<p>I just went to pick up my 120 black and white from walmart (send out service). I have used them before for 120 and it was always $4.88 for develop and 12 3x3 prints. I even called Fuji labs before droping the rolls off to check on the price. Customer service confirmed $4.88. Now that everything is processed and ready (two weeks later) they are saying $9.28 per roll. Anyone else experience a price increase like this? I called customer service at Fuji labs again, and they said that's the price and it has been for some time. I'm feeling very frustrated since I could have taken it to my prolab and had it done in 24 hrs for $11 with better quality 5x5 prints.</p>