F100 won't advance

mjferron

<p>Loaded a roll of film in my F100 and shot about 7-8 frames and realized it was still on frame one. I find if I shut the camera off for a few minutes and turn it back on it will advance one frame. Custom function diddling hasn't helped me and I'm wondering if anyone here has had the same problem and how it was delt with.<br>

Thanks, Mike</p>

<p>This happens on all film camera of the Nikon variety when the batteries start to die. I dont like that this happens so I get cheap batteries and replace them every ten rolls, this way, they nerver die but I dont spend a fortune, buying batteries twice a month. The reason you can shut off then get one good frame is because as the batteries rest they can regain a little voltage, but only enough for one shot.</p>

<p>Well the advance dial is set to "s" and I tried continuous as well. Same thing. Take a shot and it won't advance. shut the camera off and turn in on 5 minutes later and the film advances. It won't advance by turning it on and off without the 5 minute delay. Still scratching my head on this one.</p>

<p>Yes, because if it is a malfunction in the advancing system, it will always do, no matter if you turn it on and off in between. I'd check the contacts between the door and the back (the F100 does not advance film if the back door is open) and try to move the advance dial, maybe the dirt is in there. Otherwise the cure is send it to a repair shop, hoping that Murphy law will not apply (once there, it works flawlessly, like it happened to my F70).</p>

<p>So much for the easy answer.</p>

<p>I suggest you perform a two button reset and cancel all custom settings (two step process, see page 76 of the manual). Next, check the film path for debris. If there is nothing obvious, then call Nikon Support at 1 800 NIKONUSA. They may have seen this before or they may simply tell you to send it in for repair. </p>