Protect Pics on your blog

<p>Do you all protect the images on your blog? We post copyrights on the pictures but I saw this blog http://lenahyde.com/blog/ and was wondering how when you download a pic it just downloads a copyright.jpg pic that says please contact us if you want our pictures. pretty cool. I looked at the source and they call a CSS action named imagebox_5_0. Any ideas? Is it worth it to protect the pics in the first place?</p>

<p>If you bring up the source and search it for copyright.jpg you'll see the lines that do it (it's actually a pretty clever implementation, better than the old way of using jscript to break right-clicking) and also the URL of the actual image file which you can put in the address box to load the actual JPG which can be saved. So it's not really protected. Also there's the old image-file-is-sitting-in-the-browser-cache thing which breaks all of these methods, and if all else fails there's screen-capturing the browser window.</p>

<p>This is way better then the javascript right click blocker. I don't really go to that much trouble. I have my logo on my images and that's all that matters to me. My worry is people claiming my shots are theirs which a watermark prevents. If your worry is of another nature then more steps like this one help the average user.<br>

If you know how, it's still really easy to take one of the pics though.</p>

<p>Hi Rahul,<br>

The photographer you are talking about is Lena Hyde she does Design Aglow as well as being an amazing photographer. I highly recommend her products. Plus she's cool. I just emailed her and asked how she protects her images. She pointed me in the direction of the makers to her blog. They are really good. The company is Flosites. Here is their info: <a href="mailto:info@flosites.com">info@flosites.com</a> I don't know if they would be willing to share their secret, you may have to get a blog through them. It can't hurt asking how it's done though. <br>

Hope this helps, it helped me. Good post.<br>

-Erin</p>