Is this a black and white photo?

<p>http://picasaweb.google.com/opphotocontest/BlackAndWhite#5277958455144589298</p>

<p>I entered a contest, none of my photos made into the final round, but I was surprised that this photo did.</p>

<p>To me a photo with color can not be a black and white photo.</p>

<p>I'm just wondering what you all think.</p>

<p>I have some issues with other photo's that made it to the final round... but this is my biggest complaint.</p>

<p>Wow. I'm glad I wasn't the dude who did this. This kind of situation gives me hope for the future because it shows some people are really needing some improvement out there.</p>

<p>Now, if someone asks, I can advertise "Yellow Free" black and white photos. I should probably charge more if I find out my customers expect anything different.</p>

<p>For an additional 25%, I can ship that in a "Yellow Free" mount and mat package.</p>

<p>Meanwhile, it's like this: it's their contest. Ultimately, there is going to be some rule in there that says what they say goes. I wouldn't fuss with it much further. Just blow it off and drive on to the next photo. Proceed with confidence in your own work, and eventually you will find the right viewers and have a more successful relationship with them. Ya gotta rack up your rejection slips before They publish your Great American Novel. Drive on, and don't let it get you down. And, don't be the photographer who submits a yellow photo as a black and white. That would be what traditionalists call "Color."</p>

<p>"Yellow Free" Only 25% more! Act now, and we'll give you a 25% discount on that "Yellow Free" black and white print. For a limited time only, our "Yellow Free" black and white prints cost the same as our Regular Black and White Prints! Get 'em while they last!</p>

<p>If the picture were made on B&W film, printed on B&W paper and then the yellow hand-colored in, I suppose the photographer could try to argue that it was a hand-colored B&W photo. But I still would probably put in in a color category. Much more likely with today's technology that it was shot in color whether digital or film, and the color removed everywhere except the flower. So in that case it's a color photo that's had the color taken out rather than a B&W photo that's had color added in. That makes it clearly not a B&W photo.</p>