Advice Needed: Approaching Ski Club For Photo Sales

douglasely

<p>Thank you in advance for your offer to help.<br>

I recently took pictures of athletes and spectators at a Norwegen Ski Jump club. The participants are local, US and international athletes hopeing to be Olympic athletes. I normally shoot nature photography and sell individual fine art prints and I have never attempted to sell anything else. The shots of the athletes as well as the club members and local residents came out very well. It dawned on me that maybe the athletes, club memebrs and spetators may want to have photos. Any suggestions regarding how to contact the club and athletes regarding sales is appreciated. Also, how to present the photos and pricing.<br>

Thank you,</p>

<p>it's very complicated and time consuming, but it can be done. However, print 10 of your best 8x10's go talk to the club, call the president or go to their home, show them the shots, ask them to help you ID the people and then try hang out as much as possible where they ski - show the shots around, and make friends, you have to build a relationship with the skiers. If the skiers are not around a lot and come it from all over the place, and you dont know them, or you cant stay in contact with them it's hard to make sales.<br>

there is a reason this kind of activity does not have coverage. you will find that unless you have a tone of time put into it, or your involved some other way, it's tough to many any money, also, the guys at that level dont have a lot of extra money anyhow. dont get me wrong, they will buy an image once in a while but it's not the kinda place that would be lucrative. shoot them winning the gold or sking the world cup and you've got a sale. . .</p>

<p>Usually this kind of event shooting is arranged beforehand. My bike club uses a couple of local photogs to shoot riders on our century rides. They shoot from several locations then present the photos on laptops at the finish. Then it's a simple matter of just taking orders and collecting money. They print and mail within the following week.</p>

<p><Chas><br /></p>