unknown Cameras

<p>my father in law has been a captain in diffenrent ships and companies for more than 20 years and been travelling the world for more than 40 years, when he recently came back, he saw my canon 5dmarkii and told me he has lots of cameras from previous travels and that he wanted me to have those. excited that i am since i know these will teach me a lot more with my hobby of course say yes and help out in looking for them, really interested with a leica model he was saying but up to now we have not found in our house. but we have managed to find 3 cameras that i dont know anything about<br>

1. 3EHNT ET says made in ussr russia good condition mirror is working, i cleaned the lens and everthing is fine except i dont know how to open the film compartment (tried every botton searched the internet for it but cant find a nice site to get an idea for everything about it<br>

2. the other camera is i think a yashica which i have heard a lot of people here in photo.net say but nothing says it is except for the yashinon lens mounted on it and 17half written on top. slight problem on the knob to turn it to the next frame (sorry i really a noob to all these hope you guys understand what im saying) its stuck and has a broken part on it<br>

3. olympus pen - ee i think of good condition reflex action is ok just like camera no.1 and just like it also cant find how to open the film compartment, other than that its very ok<br>

now for my question (s) basically im new to this and i was hoping somebody who has these and or knows where can i get detailed information or a manual or something so that i can start shooting these and have fun.... i know ill have lots of fun with these than my brothers plastic holga... hehehe</p>

<p>thanks in advance</p><div>00TMXy-134705584.thumb.jpg.3cbdf69b2529fe7905f13adf990944c0.jpg</div>

<p>The SLR "3EHNT ET" is a Zenit ET. If I remember well you can open the back lifting up the rewing knob.<br>

For sur you can find manual for that camera (or one of its previous or next version) on-line. Try on:<br>

<a href="http://www.butkus.org/chinon/russian/zenith_12/zenith_12-splash.htm">http://www.butkus.org/chinon/russian/zenith_12/zenith_12-splash.htm</a><br>

<a href="http://www.kozerawski.com/2007/11/26/zenit-et-some-tips-and-basic-manual/">www.kozerawski.com/2007/11/26/zenit-et-some-tips-and-basic-manual/</a></p>

<p>Your Yashica is a half-frame camera, the first made by Yashica, and dates from 1964. It takes 72 pictures on a 36-exposure cassette, so the format is vertical as you hold the camera normally. The lens is a 32mm f/1.7 Yashinon, and the meter cell is around the lens. It's a selenium type, needing no batteries, and sets the aperture/shutter combination automatically. The shutter runs from 1/30 to 1/800, and the meter can be set to film speeds from 12 - 400.</p>

<p>Being a half-frame with an unusually fast f/1.7 lens, they called it, unsurprisingly, the Half17. When a flash is attached, the shutter speed is fixed at 1/30, but the aperture can be varied manually. the film is loaded from right to left instead of left to right, so that the left thumb can advance the film with the camera still at eye level.</p>

<p>I don't have a Half17, but on my Yashica 72E half-frame, the camera is opened by pulling down a small latch on the baseplate at the left hand side. On my 72E, the film counter is set manually on loading, and then counts down to zero as you advance each frame.</p>

<p>That Olympus Pen opens by fliping up a tab 90 degrees and rotating it 180 degrees counter clockwise, then the whole back slides off. Only the later Pen EES 2 and Pen EE 3 have the swing open backs. The camera pictured is an early EES with a slide off back.</p>

<p>Zenit ET may be working good, or not, most likely it is a garbage since it is most likely made by BelOMO not Krasnogorsk. BelOMO had worst quality, I had one long ago, it went broken after 4-8 films and I was very-very-very upset at the moment in 1982 Moscow. Lenses probably are Helios M 44-6 55/2.0 I do not know what you have got, but you can try them on your digital Canon through M42 adapter, thay may be happy with the picture or not. It differs from lenses to lenses.</p>

<p>Go to www.butkus.org and get or review manuals for as many of your cameras as you can. The manuals will answer a lot of basic questions. Once you've got the basics down, you have a lot of experienced resources here on PN for more advanced issues not specifically covered in the manuals.</p>

<p>I found that the main problem with a Zenit ET was figuring out how to release the film to rewind it. Read the Butkus manual carefully before attempting to operate heavy equipment like the Zenit.</p>

<p>Congrats on the cameras, and show us some pictures when you get there.</p>

<p>The Pen EE-S does NOT open by flipping the rewind knob. It opens by flipping up a hinged base lever then turning it, after which the back comes off. I have one of these, and it should have a focusing mount. The later ones are fixed focus.</p>