change to critique forum

birteragland

I think it's a good idea. It's mor fair for people who post their photo during the rush hour. However, i don't like it when it applies to categories. I wish when I look at the photos from the street category, for example, not to see them appearing randomly, but in order of appearance. My opinion.

I think it's a good idea too. My problem is that I still don't really know *how* to critique. I know it's subjective but I wish I knew the rules of thumb. Someone here must have experience with jurying photography. Care to share what we should be looking for, or are there no objective criteria? Care to post an example of an image with a good critique here?

I have posted a couple of photos for critique since the change, and statistically, they appear to have achieved greater visibility over the 24-hour window. That's all I could ask for.

As a rater/critiquer, I like the greater variety of photos that is available every couple of minutes. It was a well-thought-out and executed change. JR

"My problem is that I still don't really know *how* to critique"

Opinion - and evaluation estimation, personal belief.

Judgement - A decision made based on certain legal(technical) criteria.

Objective - without bias or prejudice.

Subjective - Personal.

Critisize - To find fault.

Critique - Critical Analysis or review.

It's not just a pat on the back or ego booster, but you don't want to ruffle feathers too much, otherwise they might start calling you "Meanie" around here.

I think it is a great idea for the combined view.

In the categorized view I feel the time of exposition could be increased from 24h to several days, since the number of pictures there was not so overwhelming anyway. Checking some categories only every couple of days now does not work anymore, since pictures there are gone after one day.

• 2 weeks later...

I would agree with Yann, it might be a great idea when selecting “all” or no category but when sorting by category I wish I could see them the way before i.e. by their order of appearance.

With the new change, it happens that I often see the same picture and have the feeling that I miss a lot of them. Best regards Jean-Marc