What is problem with my pictures or something else?

dost

Hi,<br>

<br>

Please help me regarding this problem:<br>

<br>

Whenever i am taking any picture , it's quality is not good, it always has bad pixels effects and doesn't have

good high quality.<br>

<br>

for example: see my attached file<br>

and here is sample file URL: <a

href='http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/eosdigital4/eosdigital4_sample-e.html'>Sample File</a><br>

<br>

both are with same camera EOS 450D <br>

<br>

i took picture with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens<br>

<br>

Is it problem with camera? or lens? or with me?<br><div>00QCi5-57935584.thumb.jpg.8b9cc3cd43c6f7771124f24f6aba0b09.jpg</div>

-- "for example: see my attached file"

Unfortunately, you didn't attach anything. Since the other link you provided shows, that the camera is capable of taking shots in acceptable quality, lets assume that reading the manual as well as reading a book about photography in general might be helpful.

What is your experience as a photographer? Without knowing what you're doing and seeing some of your own pictures, there's no way to tell. If you're expecting the camera to automatically take good pictures for you, as you see in the Canon samples which I guess is why you posted the link, you have a lot to learn. The camera will only do what your level of ability and technique will let it do.

I would also add, shoot, shoot, shoot.

If you just started, you are not likely to take pics like those on the canon website, there is a great deal to learn about how to take a really good photo. Most of us are still trying to get there.

Go to a bookstore and check out books and magazines, there are several really good ones out there. Take a lot of pictures using the techniques they describe, and see how it works for you. It takes time.

Ok, now you attached a file ... embedded EXIF data says that it was taken with:

- 1/50sec, f/5.6, iso1600, no-flash, 55mm focal length,

- the 18-55 lens was used,

- jpg-processing parameters for contrast saturation and sharpness are: normal, normal, low.

Pixelpeeping at 100% shows a visible amount of noise (which is to be expected at iso1600). It could be reduced in postprocessing with tools like NoiseNinja or NeatImage (and the like).

This image would have appeared much cleaner, if it was taken at iso400 and an external flash had been used (bounced or with diffusor).

It would also had been much cleaner, if you could have opened the aperture to f/2.8 (which would have also allowed to use iso400 ... even without flash). The kitlens has a maxaperture of f/5.6 at the long end, so with that its not possible. But the relatively inexpensive EF 50/1.8 would have been doing it.

Light is a key factor, having enough to shoot at lower ISO or within the limitations of your lens ( Aperture ) . Shooting at

ISO 1600 is usually not a good idea unless you really have to. With the 450 your probably safe up to 800 but I try to keep

my ISO under 800 if possible. You have a decent lens but with F5.6 or even 4 and sometimes 2.8 and so on you could

really benefit from an external flash or even dialing down your built in flash to help out.

"Whenever i am taking any picture , it's quality is not good, it always has bad pixels effects and doesn't have good high quality."

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but you will need to realize that a digital SLR camera does not in any way make someone a good photographer. DSLR's are not magic boxes, and the laws of physics and lighting still apply.

There are many, many factors inolved in making a great image... equipment is probably the least of all of them. The first step for you would be to take a step back and understand the theory behind good photography. Asking a general question such as "why isn't my photo X as good as this sample image Y" is backwards thinking. You are seeing the image strictly based on what you percieve as 'quality', which likely completely eeks out the important information such as light quality & direction, photographic technique and creative desicion making processes.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you have been the subject of clever marketing strategy... that is to convince the average consumer that spending $800 - $1000 US dollars won't just buy them a nice camera, it will also buy them the skills to take professional-level images with it right out of the box. Clever marketing no doubt, but completely false.

If all there was to being a good photographer was owning a good camera then anyone could do it.

The photographers knowledge and experience and the quality of light and how the photographer works with it are the main determinants of of picture quality. The camera accounts for very little.

To start with, maybe you should just use some of the "picture modes" or whatever they're called on the dial, and work your way up to the other side of the dial after you've read more about photography and your camera.

RTFM! Put your ISO back on auto. Go take some pictures. Pick up and read one or two books about photography. Take more pictures. Post some photos and ask for critique on photo.net. Learn. Take more pictures. Learn some more. repeat. The most important thing is to have fun. Stop eating at McDonald's! Their food just isn't good for you. Don't worry Rizwan, you are in good hands. We will take good care of you.<div>00QD1y-58103584.jpg.291d5d5ffbac1539d5d25ca670a76a05.jpg</div>

Crappy fluorescent McDonald's lighting with hand-held jpeg capture and a consumer lens vs. well lit RAW captures most likely with tripods and pro lenses. Oh yeah, high ISO vs. low ISO.

Given the circumstances, the technical quality of your photo isn't really that bad. A bit of post-processing will improve it a bit. See attached.<div>00QD2m-58109584.thumb.jpg.b1e6940d61889f6330883d95e8a270da.jpg</div>

Reminds me why I don't shoot ISO 1600 jpgs, that looks horrible. Try RAW and remove only color noise, that leaves you with tight more grain like and colorless noise that prints very nicely. After that you can remove more noise to taste.<div>00QD3E-58117584.thumb.jpg.363be9aaf72b07ccd0c68b84419baa44.jpg</div>

Here's your image put through Noise Ninja's auto settings. Not optimal, too much plastic to my taste but shows you what can be done quickly. With a RAW file and little tweaking results would be much better.

Also, don't obsess too much about 100% view noise if you don't need large prints. Normal 8x10 mask many defects and with 4x6 and web you can get away with almost anything.<div>00QD3f-58119584.thumb.jpg.ba2de7ed2dc2d073c0e99b0042fc1d9e.jpg</div>

First of all thanks to everyone for support and guidelines<br>

Now I understand what mistake i did.<br>

I'll first learn and learn plus practice, this is the only way to improve photography skills, and got the tips from all of you.<br>

I'm amazed how John, Tom and Kari made changes in same picture.<br>

<br>

once again thanks, i wasn't expecting these much replies and support but I'm really feeling good to have great supporters.