How much you earn each month? :)

Hi everybody,

I have a simple question for you guys from a french man (me :D)

Is there among you, people whom are living from their wedding (specificaly) photographic works?

If yes, how much more or less each month? how many shoots you do each months to win it? :)

I would love to live from wedding photgraphy (but im not registered as a pro yet), but i'm afraid that it's just a dream.

I would add that i probably don't have the same definition of "live from wedding photographic works" knowing that i'l

llive in Mexico (not Mexico city but Guadalajara and working too if necessary (i mean if there is demand of my work i

would take the car to go there) on puerto vallarta that is not too far from here... and there is few wedding on the

beach there, even from foreigners)) so i would need to win between 1000 (would be a good start) and 2000 dollars US.

Thank you :) and sorry, like always, for my english.

An English note: I think you mean "How much to you earn each month". I know in Spanish, and I suspect in

French, the same verb is used both for "win" and "earn", but in English, they are two separate words. "Win"

means to gain in a competition or game, while "earn" means to gain through employment or business.

<p>

I hope that clarification helps anyone who was confused by the initial heading, and I hope I don't sound like a

grammar nitpicker.

Maikeul, I really don't know the market for wedding photography in either Guadalajara or Puerto Vallarta, but I can guess. Compared to the mainland US (where I live), the people are much poorer (hard to imagine these days!), and jobs are more scarce. However, the city is a major tourist destination. I imagine there are a lot of marriages there, but I also imagine there is an abundance of eager photographers desperately competing for the tourists' money. As far as I'm aware, there is no minimum wage there, and the Mexican people work very cheaply. As I said, I can only guess, but I would think it would be very hard to earn a living as a wedding photographer anywhere in Mexico, even in locations like Guadalajara or Puerto Vallarta. I especially doubt you could earn US$2000 for a shoot. (Of course I could be wrong.) Your best information would probably come from a Spanish language photographic forum. (I am assuming you know the language.)

Good luck!

thx for your answer sarah.

Yes, mexican are abit poorer. But i plan on making very good prices (accessible to most of them) for a very good work :)

I didn't say i want t owin 2000 on one shoot, but on al lshoots of a months.

I have other job opportunities there (i hope) such as give french lessons (i already did when i lived there, and it was working fine) and some other ideas. So even if i can win 600$ each months from all my shoots (knowing there are 95% of chance that shoots will be only saturday and sunday and sometimes friday... which give me free time the rest of the week for other professionnal activity.

the problem for me at this point is to know if i invest in materiels (prime lenses, 2 new bodies etc. > so around 4000$ or no. The purpose would be, obviously, to see my invesstment "re-paid" as soon as possible (1 year maxi to have made for 4000$ (sp tje p^rice o spent) of wedding shoots will be good)

How much you win in USA as a wedding photografer? :)

Maikeul, I'll shoot a wedding once in a blue moon (American expression), but I'm not really a wedding photographer. You'd probably get better answers in the wedding photography forum on photonet. However, if all you need is US600/mo for your wedding shoots, I suspect you'd be fine. However, as I said, the best answers would come from a Spanish language photographic forum, as you really want to ask this question of Mexican photographers.

I hope it all works out for you! Life in Guadalajara and Peurto Vallarta would be very nice indeed. :-)

"Is there among you, people whom are living from their wedding (specificaly) photographic works? If yes, how much more or less each month? how many shoots you do each months to win it? :)"

That's a pretty bold question. Here in America people dont like to discuss their monthly income unless they are talking to the IRS or the Mortgage guy at the Bank. Professional Photographers usually describe their yearly salary which varies allot depending on what type of photography they do, what region they live in how hard they want to work etc. Some photographers might do 100 weddings per year, while others might only do 50 or less weddings per year. I know one guy with a very busy studio, that averaged $150,000 per year in sales, but his yearly income after expenses was a little more than half of that.