Holiday at Adorama and B&H?

I am in need of some memory cards for this upcoming weekend so I went onto

B&H to order some on Sunday with a 3 day delivery only to find out that they are

closed until Wednesday for some holiday.

I then went to Adorama and place my order with 3 day shipping but later found out

in an e-mail that they were also closed until Wednesday! What is the deal?

Nowhere did it say that they were going to be closed during the orer process.

Does anyone here work at Adorama? Even if they send it out on Wednesday it

wont get here on time. This is the first time I ever ordered from them.

They're both Jewish owned and observe the Jewish holidays. Though I don't know what the current holiday is, B&H has had a popup on their sight for several days about being closed for a while. I don't know about Adorama. Try Canoga Camera, 17th St. Photo or Calumet.

A big window pops up upon entering B&H site that says .... ' Due to our Holiday closing, we are not accepting orders at this time. Online ordering will resume at 9:45 PM EDT Tuesday

The B&H Superstore, Phone Orders & Customer Service will reopen on Wednesday, June 11th.'

Adorama says nothing at the splash page.

At least they are among the most reputable dealers. Unlike the Brooklyn, aka Crooklyn variety, they deliver the goods at a fair price. Long, long time B&H customer. Jim M.

Usually both Adorama and B&H are very good about notifying visitors to their site that they may be closed due to a holiday. Very.

However...if in need there are many places in and around NYC to get what you need. Calumet and JR are easy sources. Not my first choices (B&H is) but good sources none-the-less. Others that have posted noted other sources.

Good luck!

The B&H website is closed during the Sabbath, but I don't think the Adorama website is closed, last time I checked. B&H is better at notifying customers when an item is out of Stock. Adorama has allot of items that are out-of-stock, but are not listed as such. If all fails you can got to Amazon they have the fastest shipping out all the three. Calumet is good, but more expensive than all three. There is also Midwest exchange.

I will never buy from Adorama again. I called on Wednesday morning and they said I couldnt change the shipping method becuase It was send out already and the person said that it should arrive on Friday anyways.

I checked the tracking info this morning and the package didnt ship out until late last night! The expected arrival date is Monday to top it off. What a bunch of liars! The UPS ground map shows that if a package is shipped out on Wednesday then it would arrive on Friday. I chose the 3 day service. Wouldnt you think it would be faster? Argh. I need to vent.

Dear Andrew

Firstly, I must apologise for the situation you describe in your posting; I am not surprised that you state you will never shop at Adorama again.

We have checked into the circumstances of your order; the agent who took your order was absolutely correct to state that he understood your package had shipped on Wednesday - however, it appears that due to a huge backlog following the holidays (Adorama was closed from midday Friday 6 June until Wednesday 11 June), your package didn't ship until Thursday 12 June.

UPS 3 day service refers to 3 business days, which is why delivery could not be guaranteed until Monday 15 June.

While I appreciate that you feel let down by Adorama, the sales agent acted in good faith and I am sure you understand that there was certainly no intention to deceive you.

You have clearly been inconvenienced, and if you paid for expedited shipping which you didn't receive, I will ensure that this is refunded to your credit card without delay.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly: helen.oster@adoramacamera.com, if I can assist you any further

Sincerely

Helen Oster

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador