Smile Technology

Boy some of these camera manufacturers are not pulling any stops when it come to

the bells and whistles.The Sony Cybershot can detect when someone smilles then it

goes off. I guess it must have a sensor that can the detect the difference in highlights

and shadows in a subjects mouth. Now what happens if the subject refuses to smile

because they have braces or missing teeth ?

Maybe these cameras will become like photocopiers. Anyone else struggle to use a photocopier these days? The damn things refuse to let you think for yourself. Maybe it will get to a point where the camera will refuse to take the photo unless someone is smiling.

Bernie, I didn't see your "joke" as I was responding to Harry (who doesn't sound like he's joking anyway.) Did he make the same complaint about "trap focus" when it came out years ago?

Or are we feeding a troll?

[[boy some of these camera manufacturers are not pulling any stops when it come to the bells and whistles]]

Yes, it's just horrible when a company tries to make products appeal to the general consumer. Why in my day, camera manufacturers would hire people to stab you in the eye when you tried to use their products...If you didn't come out of a situation without at least one new glass eye, then your photos were worthless.

This is a feature that has zero impact on your life. Why not try concentrating on photography instead of worrying about what other people buy?