Remember this time - note it in your diary - and have your cameras at the

ready. I'm without PC access for a few days now so just wanted to post this

reminder to encourage as many people as possible to take part. Be there or be

square!

Details are in the latest Photo.net news letter and also here in the casual

conversations forum archive.

Cheers all.

Pete

Somehow I had missed this suggestion, thanks for the reminder.

Just over a year ago the UK BBC Radio 4 PM programme had a similar idea. They asked listeners to photograph exactly what they were looking at 5pm when the programme started. They expected to get around a couple of hundred photos but actually received over 4,000 so had to take on extra staff to put all the images onto their website.

As such, I wonder if a few basic rules might help here. Maybe something about size of images and slightly narrowing down the scope; like the PM programme did.

Anyway, I did send in an image to the BBC so, if I remember, I will give it a go here as well.

Geoff, I think it's best to leave scope wide open so that the photog can photograph whatever they feel is of some significance at the moment they take the photograph. I agree about image size for submission and wonder how a max file size of 100k with dimensions of say 1024x768 or smaller - that displays on most screens easily and is fast to load. Perhaps Josh has some other suggestions.

I suspect the hjighest number of people who post here are from west coast USA. So are we 7, 8, or 9 hours off of GMT now?

Posting at 11:25 a.m. pdt (and stamped by PN then as EDT, so 2:25 p.m.), so what time is it "there"?

I think they've chosen this hour so that as many PN members as possible catch the daylight. At 7 o'clock in West USA is still light, whilst at 8 PM is still light in the Middle East. Americas and Europe are privileged, but I think we're going to be surprised by the night shots made in Asia and Australia. Good luck and have fun!

I would like to see them posted to someplace with a larger format (posting size) than No Words. Even though I post there frequently, it really can't do justice to the images that may be produced. I haven't heard anything definite on this as yet.

Lori, sorry ... I had that wrong by one hour. Duh! Alright, 15:00 GMT means 3:00 pm in

Greenwich, England. If you look at the time zone map provided by Colin, it gives an

example of England @ 7:00 pm. If you scan over to the left for Eastern time, you will see

it says 2:00 pm, which makes sense because we are five hours earlier. So, our moment

on the east coast comes @ 10:00 am exactly. So, it's 10:00 am! You can verify it at this

site also. Scroll down to where it says "west of Greenwich":

http://time.securesites.com/

Regards,

Maria