Stolen Canon Equipment

d_l10

Found out a few days ago that most of my Canon equipment has been stolen from

my flat in London. So thought I just post the gear hear to warn people so you

don't deal with hot stuff. I have no hope of ever recovering any of it, but if

you see or hear anything, please give me a shout. Serial numbers in ()

EOS 20 D (1030501263)

EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 USM IS (21301861)

EF 17-40mm f/4 L USM (704768)

EF 28-105 f/3.5-4.5 II USM (12050934)

EF 50mm f/1.8 II (9032965)

Speedlite 580 EX (317754)

Non Canon:

Epson P-3000 (JS3Z003187)

Lowepro Mini Trekker AW

All was neatly packed in the Lowepro backpack together with Canon lens hoods,

Hoya, B+W and Tiffin UV filters, Hoya Circ Pol filters (77mm & 58mm), B+W ND4

filter, Stofen Omni Bounce, Portflash 80cm reflector, cleaning equipment, gray

cards and 4GB of Sandisk Extreme III cards.

Total replacement value around GBP 3,400.

I'm so sorry to hear that. There should be a database of stolen sns somewhere we could all check before buying used.

I wonder if there is any way to put Ebay on alert to look out for these SNs.

I hope the punk who stole your stuff gets his just deserts. Perhaps in the form of an overdose on the drugs he buys with the proceeds.

This is such a personal assault on you. I'd rather someone steel that much cash from me than my gear that I personally picked out so carelfully.

Anyway, good luck to you. Hope insurance helps out with this.

I do have insurance, but don't know yet if it covers all of it.

The "funny" thing is that I travelled around the globe for 6 months last year with most of this stuff and stayed in some shady places without anything getting stolen and now it gets stolen in my home. Oh well, gives me a chance to upgrade to 40D I suppose.

Donald, sorry to hear you've had your flat done over - not nice at all. Hope you've got contents insurance to cover the value of it all, plus any other valuables/cash that went missing.

Bob, ebay will be a complete lost cause. They don't give a stuff about being used for fencing stolen goods as far as I can see. All they care about is getting their listing and final valuation fees, and fob off all responsibility by saying "ebay is just a venue"!

"The "funny" thing is that I travelled around the globe for 6 months last year with most of this stuff and stayed in some shady places without anything getting stolen and now it gets stolen in my home. Oh well, gives me a chance to upgrade to 40D I suppose."

Good way of looking at it Don. Last year(2007), on the Columbus day holiday, the firm that I work for got broken into. They stole all the brand new Canon 30d's, about 20 of them. They also stole a couple of computers and some medium and large format cameras. The 30d's got upgrade to 40d's within 3 days by the insurance company. The Medium and Large format cameras could not be replaced, because they were too old. All the files we had stored on the computers were gone, but luckilly we had back ups. Regardless, it was a totally devastating experience. So far, the police has not found the culprits.

Donald, wondering if it's a possibility the thief is someone you know or have been to your flat, considering they left other items behind? Most likely pawned for drugs as others have said, but a photographer could be a thief, too. HOpe the sucker gets caught (most criminals are stupid) and you get your equipment back, or insuance pays up.

Hej Donald.

Hoppas att allt 䲠bra med mig och att du minns mig sedan gymnasietiden i Nyk�ping. Tr嫩gt att du blev av med dina grejer... Det vore j䴴ekul om du h�rde av dig, s䲳kilt eftersom jag och min f䳴man Mikael ska till London i juli (6/7 och fyra dagar fram崩.

Mvh/Martina/Tina Eriksson (martinaeriksson@passagen.se

Sounds to me like someone who knew what you had and that you were away, they maybe even knew where you kept it!

Still a suprise that they didn't take your laptop.

Hope insurance pays up, they are just as criminal as the thieves IMO and will use any lies, intimidation and dirty tricks they can to avoid paying up!