Any One Used A Nikon D3 to shoot a wedding?

fotografz

Ken,

The funny and embarassing moment was when I was walking and saw someone with a D3 strap.

"hey...is that really a D3?"

"Do you think I just got the strap?"

"If you read online forums at all...then yes, perhaps you just bought the strap and wanted to impress folks."

I said that with a smile, but I don't think he liked the joke :-) He and I had a great conversation of the focusing and metering systems, since I was walking with my D300. That's the first guy I ran into. Oddly enough, he covers mostly rodeos and travels a lot. He has 2 D3's and a D300, and was tempted at my half-joke to buy his D300 off of him. Like I need 2 of them...

Well...I could use another one...

:-)

allan

>>> Yes, that's the guy. You can see from Ken's reply why I was almost drooling :-) I'm not

the only one that would be.

You know, I may have taken a snap of you playing with his cam after he handed it to you. Let

me look, could be drool-worthy...

www.citysnaps.net

I saw a D3 at an elementary school holiday fair a few weeks back. The owner was nice father

of a nice 3rd grader. He let me take a snapshot of him and his daughter (50mm 1.4). With

such a great camera I'm sure it was that day's finest snapshot :)

He had taken some nice pictures of icebergs, didn't catch his name but he didn't seem like a

corporate raider.

I'l remain very happy with the D200 and will be for many years yet I hope.