Time synchronisation

pmj

It seems that one or more front-end servers have a different time. See for instance this thread: http://

www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00KKVS . This is basically a test thread. It should

register at 4:42 pm, March 13, 2007.

I'm not the least bit surprised. The new day for DST has screwed up a lot of time stamps. I can't even get my PC to hold onto the right time. I reset the clock, but when it goes out to sync the time with a standard source, it goes back to standard time!

For the next few weeks, until we pass the usual day for DST, I'm betting a whole bunch of time stamps will be wrong!

Patrick, not a problem.

But, can you clarify something: are you saying you're sitting in SQL Plus on the production

server and serially executing the same SQL and getting inconsistent time back? If so, that's

a very odd problem I've not seen.

I can see the time being off if the Oracle patches aren't applied or if some of the front end

machines have old /etc/localtime, but having Oracle spit out inconsistent time stamps is

something else.

If you still have problems later tonight and want me to have a look just let me know (or

have Philip or Jin contact me).

Mike: that's exactly what I saw yesterday, and still see today.

At first I too thought it was a front end machine behaving strangely. But the /bboard code

uses sysdate when inserting, which is why I ran the query in SQL*Plus.