Moon shots

That's an application of the sunny-16 rule; i.e. for full sunlight, f/16 and 1/ISO. A full moon

is after all nothing other than an object in full sunlight. Naturally, under an eclipse, or with

less than full moon, that vary. Bracketing is a very good idea - and anything except a spot

meter reading will do you no good as the surrounding darkness will lead to massive massive

over exposure.

You need a steady tripod and reasonably quick shutter speed because of the motion being exaggerated when using a long focal length lens. Here's a shot, using the sunny 16 rule, taken with a 50mm f8 mirror lens:<div>00KCKD-35304284.jpg.9498e66a6047b75cadf7e978a497daea.jpg</div>

For shooting landscapes or other subjects iluminated by full moon light (with no moon on the photo), you have to consider that moonlight is a fraction of 1/250000 respect sun light. In terms of stops, it's equivalent to 18 stops.

It's important to adjust the long exposure acordly to the film manufacturer specifications. There are big differences between different types of film. For example, TMAX need much less adjustement that TXP.

Example: if a landscape needs 1/1000 sec. at f22, with full moon light, it needs 18 stops more: 1 second at f2.8

If the result were more than one second, you should adjust depending on the film used.

Every now and then I have to pull out my period as VP of Celestron.

Full Moon, while it is very bright, the contrast of the moon itself very flat in contrast so I suggest that you increase the developing time.

Try New Plus X Pan at about 6.5 minutes at 68F.

Fll at 400th to 500th

To fil the frame in 35mm use 2000mm (5/8th" disc size) for 4/3 digital 1000mm will do.

2000mm=5/8" or about 16mm disc size

1,000mm 5/16" or 8mm

500mm 532" pr 4mm

remember 400-500, f11, ASA 400

Lynn