What music do you like?

Steel Pulse, Black Uhuru, Sly and Robbie, Skatalites, Desmond Dekker (saw him live in Portsmouth in 1987 incredible!), Hildegard of Bingen, William Byrd (Tallis Scholars), Palestrina, XTC (English Roundabout), some Bach, most Handel, some Mozart, Abba, Caravan (In the land of Grey & Pink) The Specials, Madness, John Martyn, Oscar Peterson (saw him live in Portsmouth way back in about 1978)

Lots, lots more

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just listen to the local FM station that plays classic 60's and 70's rock music. About what Tony listens to. Throw in some Queen, Doors, Grateful Dead...Amazingly all the same stuff the college kids seem to be listening to, which is why it's getting so much air play.

Mostly the classics. Russian composers--Tschaikovsky, Borodin, Rachmaninoff, etc. But others, too. Beethoven, Strauss, etc. Also golden oldies rock stuff ( ". . .been through the desert on a horse with no name . . ." "Bye bye Miss American Pie" etc. Garrison Keillor. The tappet brothers.

Mostly jazz, esp. Chet Baker and Miles and Art Pepper, etc.

Rap, of course, grew up with it during my college days

Classical music, big on Bach, Mozart, etc.

Country, Johnny Cash and Leann Rimes, etc.

Rock, my favorite two all time are Steely Dan and the Eagles (billy joel too).

Electronica like Squarepusher, DJ Spooky, etc.

No Leica music?

Trevor, I am glad I am not the only one who listens to Abba. I always play music when I work in my darkroom. I listen to Black Uhuru, Moby, a lot of tehcno stuff. However, my kids run and hide and the dog howls whenever I put Abba on in the house. Everyone usually winds up leaving the house. Oh well, they don't realize that is part of my plan all along.

Interesting post Tony.

I listen to all sorts of music, mostly Jazz, classical, anything new and good comtempoary. I was a musician and now a violinmaker. I love Pink Floyd, The Cure, The Beatles etc too, good taste.

Music is very good for your mind, as is photography, etc.

Cheers.<div>00FXBk-28626384.thumb.jpg.9ad3220d91f8d9046b69c9049070594d.jpg</div>

Red Hot Chili Peppers, John Frusciante, Ween, Depeche Mode, Front 242, The Crystal

Method, Joy Division, James Blunt, Eat Static, Massive Attack, Stereophonics, Neil Young,

The Cure, Bush, Editors, Stereo MC's, Warren G, New Order, Franz Ferdinand, Sting, Nick

Cave, Elvis Costello, Smashing Pumpkins, Mother Love Bone, Marillion, Alphaville, David

Byrne, Michael Jackson, Prince, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Moby, Tears For Fears, Murray

Head, Lou Reed, Ferre Grignard, Ian Brown, REM, Guns 'N' Roses, The Turtles, The Doors,

Human League, Dead Or Alive, Rammstein, Velvet Underground, Kyuss, Leonard Cohen,

Queens Of The Stone Age, Jane's Addiction, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Morcheeba, Kings Of

Leon, System Of A Down, Gorillaz, The Pixies, Alice In Chains, Bob Dylan, Snowpatrol, They

Might Be Giants, Beck, Kaiser Chiefs, Rolling Stones, Gabriel Rios, Daan, Deus, Public

Enemy, Kate Bush, Robbie Williams, Leftfield, INXS, David Bowie, Interpol, John Lennon,

The Beastie Boys, Manic Street Preachers, Nine Black Alps, The Killers, Duran Duran, 2Pac,

The Cardigans, Interpoll, Johnny Cash, U2, Radiohead, Fatboy Slim, P, Manu Chao,

Millionaire, Chromeo, Placebo, Outkast, Royksopp, Pearl Jam, Nova Star,Kiss, Talking

Heads, The Beatles, The Clash, OMD, Faith No More, Nas, Ladytron, Angelo Badalamenti,

The Police, Blur, Dandy Warhols, Tracy Chapman, Metallica, Grand Master Flash,

Kasabian,...and a few others.

Frank Zappa, who covers all of them above bastards...

Most genius singer/songwriter, guitarplayer of today is, John Frusciante

Best bands of today are most certainly Red Hot Chili Peppers and Ween

This is a good thread...

With Tmax developer, I listen to a self-made mix of heavily rhythmic new and classic rock,

pop and country, e.g. Jim Croce, Dolly Parton, Steppenwolf, Paul Simon, Chuck Berry, The

Pointer Sisters, Baha Men... you get the idea. I find the beat makes the frequent, vigorous

agitations a lot more fun.

In my digital darkroom, Chopin, Bach and Brahms.

this is on topic to Leica Photography?....or relates closely to Leica photography? (by the way....the preferred OT is ommitted from the title if this is indeed falling under that very loose allowance).....................yet, OT critique directly related (which, according to the author of that picture, occurs in physical gallerys all the time) to a certain POW gets deleted...............hmmmmmmmmm