next most wanted classic camera

If a genie suddenly appeared and said you could add just one more classic camera

to your collection, which would you choose? I have a Contax IIa, Leica

screwmounts plus an M3, Nikon F and F2, Canon F-1, Pentax Spotmatics, Zeiss

Contessa's, Voigtlander Prominents and Vitessas, most in superb condition. I

believe my choice would be a camera I have never held nor even seen in person, a

Nikon SP. If I weren't committed to 35 mm, I would consider a TLR Rollei,

Hasselblad, or even a Speed Graflex.

On a trip to Moscow in my Younger days I saw the Start Camera that they were Going to use for their Cosmonauts. I guess that it is still in the box like ther Lunar Program.They did though get to use a better one on their Space Stations. it was a Kiev 88.

Larry<div>00GdaV-30114484.jpg.d9d1ab722096aa8131b299976d8e50d4.jpg</div>

I would really like to have a beat up M3 ss that I could throw some 35mm summicron glass onto. Then roll a little Tri-X through and head to the saloon.

I think my second choice would be a green Argus A.

Um, Kerry, I've taken a census. My household has enough cameras. More than enough cameras. Too many cameras. Some were even made before 1970 and some of the post-'70 ones are in the, um, classic spirit.

But it doesn't have enough lenses. I hope someone will start a thread about desireable 1970 and older lenses.

I want one old lens for a small project. A 100 or 105 or thereabouts f/6.3 Zeiss Tessar. The ideal would be a post-WWII coated CZJ in a working or fixable shutter, but even a pre-WWI echt Zeiss or Zeiss licensee (B&L, Krauss, Ross, ...) in barrel would do just fine. Faster tessars need not apply, f/6.3 or none.

And one post-'70 lens. 610/9 Apo Nikkor for another project. No pressing need for it, which is just as well since I don't think I have the money for one just now. 600/9 need not apply, too heavy.

Dan and Vivek,

I agree that another camera or even lens is not required at this point. What I really need is new enthusiam to get out of my rut to find new photo situations. I am fortunate to live in a beautiful part of the country (Seattle) with the long daylight of Summer ahead of me. I want to be excited about taking photos again, as I was on my trips to Spain in revent years. I think I have the equivalent of writer's block. Anybody know how to find new photo opportunities in your local area?

Kerry, I just went for a jaunt on my bicycle Friday night, and I explored an area of Scarborough that blew my mind. There's a foot path that leads down to the water's edge below the Bluffs, and it's a lost world in a city environment. I followed this path halfway across Scarborough, and met only one person. I saw deer tracks in the mud, and it took nearly an hour before I saw anyone at the other end of the trip. I shot off a roll of film with my Fed 5 which I'll send off this week. I hope it came out all right, the view of the Bluffs from below is stunning.

Hey Mr. Dressler,

I was looking for the "olive drab" with the brass fittings. I am not even sure if it is a stock camera, but I saw it on the internet and throught is was cool.

I am trying to collect all the variations of the C3 and the A.

Thanks.

Kerry, if all else fails, go out to the San Juans. My aged mother summers on Lopez Island and some years we visit her there. I don't think we'll do it this year. Go to Lopez. If Shark Reef doesn't bring you back to life there's no hope for you.