No emails?

giovannis

I already posted in the site feedback forum this question, and sent a direct

email, but I got no reply.

Fortunately, I noticed this forum I wasn't aware of before.

First of all, apologies for posting question not related to the specific forum.

Nonetheless, I hoped for a reply to my direct email (something like: please

check the appropriate forum, it does exist).

After all, I have been here for only a few months and I haven't yet explored

everything in this site - which I consider very interesting and perhaps the best

of its category.

So, what I wanted to point out is that I'm no longer receiving email alerts for

the site feedback forum. They are enabled, they have worked fine for a while,

then stop. Nothing on my side has changed (yahoo).

Could someone look into this matter and give me a reply?

Thanx in advance for your attention

Do you mean alerts on new threads or alerts after you have clicked the 'Notify me of Responses' link at the bottom of a thread? Or both? There might be a difference between those cases, allowing us to figure out what's wrong. I must say that I receive both just fine, so it's just a guess.

Thank you for your reply.

I just mean alerts for new threads in the site feedback forum. Those are the only ones that I have activated. What seem strange, is that I got them regularly from the very beginning, then, with no apparent reason and no change on my side, they stopped. Checked spam, nothing. No warning messages, nothing.

Have you tried to 'activate' the command a second time, on the possible chance that somehow the command got 'turned off' by accident, a coding error, a spurious signal or some other reason.

I have occasional errors with my computer which I do not invite (as well as occasional errors which are predictable after periods of use with my D200 Nikons and D2X Nikons which creep in after a while, and which I have come to expect and quickly remedy by use of 'quick reset'.

Even the Boeing 777 in testing was grounded by 'software conflicts' while on a test flight in Hawaii, and the test pilots didn't know what to do as they struggled with the problem (the planes had conflict resolution software, much as Windows XP has such software -- which is why Windows XP will sometimes say it has 'recovered from a *serious error* -- a sign it has wrestled with software conflicts.

In short, s(tuff) happens and sometimes the answer is simply to re-enable the message and see if it works, sometimes rebooting.

(by the way, the exhausted and frustrated 777 test pilots shut down the plane, went to the hotel for the night, and started it up in the morning and it worked fine -- they had 'rebooted it -- something the computer engineers who were with them could have told them to do, but they had a 'firewall' between them and a strict 'no communication' policy -- except in case of potentially fatal possible consequences. (related by a then-neighbor, a man in charge of software development for that plane.)

(Non-discursive answer): Try to re-enable the command, it inadvertently may have been turned off.

John (Crosley)

I didn't receive anything. BTW. Today i posted a photo in the noword forum (title: together), asked for email replies, Three new photos, but no emails (The notify me ... at the bottom has disappeared)

I also have received direct emails from users who have asked my email, with no problems. Could you also try? thanx

Sent you a message, dated 06 July 2006 10:10:07 PM GMT+02:00. I sent it from my

computer at home, not the photo.net servers. So if this works, there might be a difference if

yahoo[.it] for some reason doesn't like the photo.net servers.