Times for APX 400 pushed to 1600

I hate to say this since you already shot a roll at this speed, but it seems the reason for a lack of much pushing info for APX400 is that this film gets horrendously grainy very early, and thus, is not used by many in this type of work. For the future, I would suggest just about anything other than APX400, especially in 35mm. While I really liked the old formulation APX400 and the APX100, I found the new batches of 400 to be not only overly grainy, but also quite "ugly" to my tastes. I still love the 100, though - but even that is not exactly a grain free emulsion compared to others of the same speed.

OK, so I drifted off topic.

From the developers on hand, I would definitely pick Microphen for a big push such as this.

As to times, in this very forum, I have found advice that echoes my own (get a different film), but in a case of fait acomplis such as this, the first suggestion I saw a suggestion of 30 minutes in straight (undiluted) Microphen to get 3200 and a very limited tonal range. Here is the thread:

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=000dll

It may give you some food for thought. After that, the best I can think of is applying the general rules of thumb regarding pushing and hoping for the best.

Unforunately, I have tried all my usual "secret sources" on the web, talked to some friends, and this is the best I could do. The info is scarce as hen's teeth. There is also the test-roll route if this roll contains important images.

And from now on, just remember: no one pushes APX400, with good reason - so just say no! :)