A listing of GREAT LEICA FORUM DEBATES

abufletcher

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if you can post good pix and be friendly at the same time, why not? Why post good pix and be so called a thug at other times? alot of people can be thugs too if they chooses to, but they didn't. So Im supposed to look at your pix and judge your personality and not by the way you talk to people around here?

funny.

The trouble is when others take it upon themselves to be the forum deputy sheriff and

control speech. I was taken to task above because my comment about the recent Leica-

Canon size expose` thread was deemed sarcastic - yes, it was somewhat, and at my

prerogative. And others felt the same, BTW. Yet the forum guardian's comment taking me

to task on that was dripping with sarcasm. Kind of a double standard. He wants to be in

control of what can be said here. Not his job, and his tracking people crosses the line and

is a little spooky.

www.citysnaps.net

If the main interest of those who come here to scorn and mock Leica users was really, truly photography, as they claim, then the Street and Documentary forum wouldn't be the ghost town it is.

I guess the sport of poking fun here is a bigger draw than posting pics there.

The Street and Documentary Forum has light traffic because a) it is tightly moderated, and b) it isn't in the pull-down for historical reasons. Also, a really good post gets a response "post this on the Leica Forum," which is a violation of photo.net guidelines against cross-posting and doesn't help that forum. However, the overall quality of posts is extremely high because of a) above.<p>

<i>On several occasions, I've tried to have reasonable discussions with you and Jeff and Grant about the topics you love to mock, like "lens characteristics" or "bokeh" only to have example pics held up for unsolicited critique and a childish level of ridicule.</i><p>

Maybe you can give some examples of where Kevin has posted something useful on these threads that these misreferenced incidents have occurred on.

I agree. Everyone gets funky at times.

I agree with Peter on the value of contributions. Even though it is everyone's business to post pictures or not, those who do post in w/nw threads and such, get more respect in my book, because their work provides a reference point (for me) and not a vaporware.

Case in point is Grant (sorry for bringing you into this). He gets flak from members here for being brutally honest yet I never considered him offensive because his comments felt true every time. He posts myriad of shots here and you just know this guy is a photographer at heart. You've got to respect that no matter how tough he is on you.

On the other hand some guys never post a shot yet they talk a great deal. Even though their talk is good it isn't enough for me to feel the respect to them (sorry guys). Take this as my humble opinion FWIW.

>>>>>if you can post good pix and be friendly at the same time,

why not? Why post good pix and be so called a thug at other

times? alot of people can be thugs too if they chooses to, but

they didn't. So Im supposed to look at your pix and judge your

personality and not by the way you talk to people around here?

<<<<<

I can't agree more with Travis.

Also, a really good post gets a response "post this on the Leica Forum

It?s where the main action is Jeff. Anyway, what's all this rule thing about? Folks don't really like rules, boring things.

if you think im going to that bed

It's not all about signing autographs, Grant. Sacrifice it for the fans.