abufletcher

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Eric,

Was your comment directed toward grant? I think he skipped grade school english and went straight to SP 101 and post grad oneliner sarcasm:*)"

re. typing Vs. shooting.

No Leslie, it was directed towards all of us that type on internet forums more than we shoot. Heck, sometimes i spend two or three hours here, nice and warm, looking for material to post when i could have been into the city centre and back with a few rolls shot off.

Yeah, I really miss hearing about how stupid I am for not using protective filters and for carrying my camera over my shoulder instead of around my neck. Also fun to hear about how having a dinged-up camera is evidence of pyschological deficiencies.

It's unfortunate that the "pro-Jay vs. anti-Jay" debate should probably be added to the list.

I remember Jay's comments on avoiding a confrontation by using body language that made it clear you were ready for one if necessary. It's not bad advice.

I know a contributor to this forum who, when confronted with two thugs who appeared to have interest in an involuntary exchange of Leica ownership, used Jay-Fu to good effect. He held it in such a way, with only a little neck strap free between camera and fist, to communicate to the thugs: you might this get this chrome, minty, and recently CLA'd flail from me, but your blood will be all over it. When the bad guys saw he was ready to fight, they turned around and walked away.

Of course, Leicas aren't made to be weapons, and who wants a salty harangue from Sherry? "What's this embedded in the floorplate lock? Scalp?! I'm not cleaning this, d*mm*t!" Better to be prepared in that regard, too. (Hey, this is the GRAND DEBATES thread, right?)

Predators generally look for weak prey.

When I was new to this forum I found Jay's contribution extremely helpful. I

credit him with convincing me to go with a recent minty M6TTL rather than

even an M6 classic that might soon need a CLA. At the time I didn't have a

clue how the TTL might be different from the classic or even what CLA meant.

Jay enlightened me on all this.

Jay seemed to have become increasingly bitter about all Leica cameras but

was still knowledgeable. He was often (usually?) abrupt -- but that way in

equal measure to everyone. If we here on the Leica forum got to vote on

"who leaves the island" I don't image that Jay would have gone first.

It may flatter you to think so, but there's no "vindictiveness" going on here, it's merely a strong reaction to those who continue to treat the Leica forum as their personal chamberpot. Stop coming here to mock, ridicule and condescend and you won't get that reaction.

No vindictiveness - that's funny. Why do you attack preemptively? It's your life's mission -

you follow him around and make tiny snide remarks. You are not the forum's deputy

sheriff - though it really is kind of cute watching you believe that you are. Consider

meditation, it can help you refocus that bad energy.

www.citysnaps.net

You guys have a funny way of defining 'attack.' If you mean mentioning something someone said in thread "A" in thread "B" when it's relevant to the discussion, well, that's memory, not an attack.

Here's a more recent 'memory' exercise for you, Brad: In the "David vs. Goliath" thread, the moderators rightly deleted all the insults, but they also deleted your initial posting, too, didn't they? Remember that one, the one where you displayed all the sarcasm, condescension and scorn a 13-year old girl could muster? That's what started it all.

Kevin, a shame you can't address what was posed to you without going into a childish,

"Yeah, but you said..." or a "Yeah, but he started it..." type response.

Speaking of sarcasm, try losing yours and this ferocious anger - you've been carrying this

grudge for a long time. Though as I said before it really is kinda cute watching you in

action...

www.citysnaps.net

So cause and effect and memory don't count? That's weird. Because it's not a 'grudge' or 'anger' but a reaction to comments here on this forum over the last couple of years. On several occasions, I've tried to have reasonable discussions with you and Jeff and Grant about the topics you love to mock, like "lens characteristics" or "bokeh" only to have example pics held up for unsolicited critique and a childish level of ridicule. You've done it to others, too. How many times on this forum has someone said words to the effect of <i>'That's why you don't see me posting pics here?'</i> Have you ever noticed?

<p>

That kind of behavior discourages the participation of others, that's what bugs me. The condescending, sneering attitude keeps other away, and it makes the forum less interesting and less fun than it could be.