Subject: Interest from the hereafter ?

Geez. I am impressed. I found this in the list of : people

interested in you; it has been there for two days though the update

dates back to June <b>1895</b>. I promise I haven't teaken part in

any seance.

David King (updated 1895-06-04)

It seems his ghost logged on recently:

http://www.photo.net/shared/community-member?user_id=1328716

There are several ghosts lurking, Paula. There was a string about this last week, too, I think. Must be a glitch somewhere, or maybe people messing with the date settings on the 'puter? Dunno. Most of the folks with that date had screen names that were merely initials, too, adding to the intrigue. I have two or three like that interested in me, as well.

I believe that members who have posted no comments or photos on the site, period, are listed as having their Summary and Community pages last updated on June 4, 1895. I don't know the significance of that date, nor do I know why it is used instead of the date the individuals in question signed up as members.

Well, mystery solved. The Oracle function that determines the "most recent contribution"

date would return a default value of 40,000 days in the past in case no contribution can be

found for a particular member. Since any contribution to photo.net is more recent than

that, it makes a good starting point for comparisons to determine the most recent

contribution. However, it does look a bit strange if no contribution is found at all.

I have changed this and now it returns no date in these cases, which seems more

appropriate to me.