Anyone know about Hallmark Institute of Photography?

tim_bopp

Hey Matt! Thanks for the response. I have heard nothing but great things about the school, so I am really thinking about it right now. The expense is a scary thought, but continuing education will always be high, so I can't really let that deter me. Also thanks for the offer... if i'm around for the holidays and not away I will definatly email you and let ya know. Would be nice to meet up. Have a great day!! Tim boppenator@gmail.com

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Jacqueline!! Congradulations on being excepted... and your coming from Canada... that's great!!! Welcome to the USA lol Any ways, how was your interview? what types of questions did they ask you? lol Any ways, if I do decide on Hallmark it would be great to start out by actually knowing someone there. Feel free to email me at boppenator@gmail.com Hope you have a great day!! Tim

october 1st i had my phone interview, then i had to write a letter explaining why i think im a good candidate and two weeks to send in my application and two letters of reference, after that i had to speak with financial aid to make sure i am set finance wise, then they sent me enrollment agreements to sign and send back and then the rest is just planning i believe! i hope that helps!

oh ok...well it hasn't been that long. It's only been a couple of days. My due date wasn't even until Nov. 30th, but they let me know that they had received everything the other day. I was just curious. I'm just so excited, I'm gonna be a mess the next couple of weeks. Lol. Anyways, are you a current student or will you be attending in 2008?

Was just wondering about how housing works at hallmark. I have read above some things, but was wondering where are the best places to live? Nicest apartments but still in good range with the school? Wouldn't want to have to drive too far. Also, what do you do about holding a place? For example, if you find an apartment you want in say june, do most students go ahead and move in, or do you have to pay rent up until sept to hold it? Just wondering...not sure how things like that work around there. Also, it would be much help to know if people can actually get decent financial aid, and if so, not to be nosey, but how much do people usually receive? Also, has anyone had any luck with scholarships of any kind? Any help would be much appreciated!

well thanks for the help....also, are the apartments furnished? Because I'm just wondering how the heck i'm gonna get that much crap that far without putting out an arm and a leg. The closest airport is 500 yards away from the school..almost literally in the back yard. lol.

The airport we used when my husband attended Hallmark in 05-06 was Bradley, in

Hartford/Windsor Lockes, Conneticut. It's about an hour south of Hallmark. Boston is

about an hour and a half east of Hallmark, but we found the CT ariport much more

accessible.

Some of the housing is furnished. The school should be able to help you find a furnished

unit if you would like one, but I don't know... When we were in Massachusetts, we rented

a unit on Grout Circle in Millers Falls (2 miles from Hallmark), and our landlord offered

furnished units.

Does anyone know anything about scholarships? Does Hallmark offer any? I've been looking on some online scholarship websites but I've found that alot of them Hallmark students aren't eligible for simple because it isn't a 2 year technical school or a traditional 4 year college...If anyone can help it would be much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, my name is Chris, I have been reading this forum for months now and with all of the help I found here I decided that this is where I want to go instead of Brooks. I just received my acceptance letter for this next year. I am very excited, but have a lot of planning ahead of me to get everything ready to move across the states (I live in Las Vegas). Good luck to the rest of you that are applying and or accepted and going there next year.