Casual Photo Conversations

A place to discuss things that do not seem belong anywhere else!  Please observe the posted rules.

Please post any site related matters to the Help board by clicking on this link.

16,568 topics in this forum

• 30 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 3 replies
  1. help needed....

• 14 replies
  2. EOS lens

• 11 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 6 replies
  3. Reality Check

• 18 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 4 replies
  4. Miami Film Lab Closes

• 24 replies
    • 1.9k views
    • 50 replies
    • 2.6k views
    • 31 replies
    • 3.8k views
    • 2 replies
    • 49 replies
    • 2.7k views

• Recent Gallery Images

• Recent Forum Wide Posts

• The only reference I can find says that Samigon was an American importer's brand name of lenses and accessories rather than a manufacturer. Similar in principle to Soligor and Vivitar, or to Dixons brand name Prinz in the UK.  So the lens could have been by any maker, in any mount. Yes, a picture will help.
    • Hi Gary,   Thanks for the link to your earlier post .. I'd forgotten how you resolved. "Flocking" problems like this are irritating 🙂  From Gary Green: My solution was to insert a baffle into the light chamber to attempt to prevent or minimize the light striking this flat portion of the light chamber perimeter at a shallow angle. My choice of baffle was a thin layer of black felt material (non shedding) that I adhered to the light chamber walls just to the inside edge of the flat perimeter close enough to cast a shadow on the flat perimeter but not close enough to the film plane to fuzz up the edges. So far so good; my early results have been promising. My first roll of film since installing the baffle had no frames with the “light leak” issue which is significant because I don’t believe any previous rolls shot through this camera didn’t have at least one frame affected. With this issue hopefully fixed, the honeymoon is back on. I apparently wasn'T as chic in keeping it out of the film plane. I will of course not have to test my latest attempt... but not close enough to the film plane to fuzz up the edges." Seems I "flocked" that up 🙂 If I get back to my Argus 40, I will do this too. My attempt to replace the hinged back..was not very fruitful. Some "self inflicted" problems...you have to live with! Thanks for the reply!!      
    • A smartphone. Put the negatives on a lightbox or similar - use an app to convert to positive. There are dedicated apps out there for this purpose. You can also use a digital camera, but a newer smartphone is sufficient for “work-scans”.
    • We would need to see a picture of the interface (bottom of lens) to have a chance at realizing what "mount" or compatibility to products this has. While Samigon is a familiar name, the "after market" lens was hugeand it may well be that they (Samigon) as a lens manufacturer made lenses in many different mounts