WTH? First thing on my screen when I logged in was a nude shot

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by bethe_fisher, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Bad enough that I have to log in every couple of days and that it usually goes to my portfolio (I prefer the forums). But just now, it showed pictures by others and/or liked by others and the first one, huge on my screen, was a full frontal nude shot. I don't have an issue with people posting nudes, but I NEED to be able to only see them when I choose to. If my YOUNG son had been near my computer when I logged in, he didn't need to see that shot. I far prefer the old days of seeing the forum lists when I log in, not my portfolio or someone else's photos.

Can a mod please answer me why this happened?

2. William Michael

William Michael Moderator Staff Member

This should fix:

Go to “My Account

See the “Adult Content” option

Select “Hide Nudes

See mine below, which I just corrected:

upload_2017-10-10_13-44-56.png

I do not know why this has happened.
    My guess is that during a recent update or modification, the previous selections and/or defaults were inadvertently changed.

WW

3. paul ron

paul ron NYC

why should I hide nudes? I do want to see nudes, but when I chose to, but not on the opening splash screen.

sloppy sloppy sloppy

bethe_fisher and wogears like this.
  4. Well, I have nudes blocked, and always have, but the "Timeline" doesn't seem to respect this. We need to have the option of which page opens upon signing in.

gordonjb likes this.
  5. William Michael

It wasn't clear to me that in your opening post you were referring to the new Timeline feature.
    Yes. I just logged out and logged in and the timeline display which appeared to me upon my login displays nudes even though have "Hide Nudes" selected in my Account options.
    I don't know why this is so and I have referred the question to Glenn.

WW

6. William,
    Thanks. FYI the matter has been mentioned in another thread, Coming Soon - New Feature - Timeline.
    Glenn is aware of it, and I'm gratified that you were able to replicate the situation. I don't know if the OP, Bethe has them blocked or not. Even if she does, it's a problem for her, myself, and likely others. I'll limit further comments to the above mentioned thread.

7. It just happened to me, too. This is really, really bad.

8. I've found the best way to deal with p/n issues is to just ignore them and most will probably be addressed in a few hours or days...or weeks.

9. or months or coming up on a year now..... Sigh!

Bill J Boyd likes this.
  10. Tony Parsons

Tony Parsons Norfolk and Good

In all this hoo-hah, no-one has mentioned the gender of the nude - or even the species.

11. Female. Human. Duh.

gordonjb likes this.
  12. G-P

G-P Administrator Staff Member

filter applied to timeline - default is "hide"

13. Glenn,
    I'm not seeing "hide" as the default. I've reset this many times and it fails to hold. Thank you for the work here and the timely fashion in which it was done.

Will some other folks please try this and give feedback?

14. The "hide" doesn't stick for me either, and it wasn't default. And the "My content" option shows everything (um, literally), while the other option--which should be everything--shows just the activities of people I've interacted with. Perhaps a little bit more work would be useful before the Timeline goes Online. (Safari 11.0)

15. I just tried to repeatedly change the setting from "shown" to "hidden". As soon as I reload the page it reverts to "shown" and all of those nudes ( of human ladies ) continue to appear.

16. Tony Parsons

Tony Parsons Norfolk and Good

Well, pardon me for asking.

17. unless it was one of Fred's​

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  18. She wasn't the OP (btw, there is a way to have a banner showing to designate the OP further down the thread - it's in use on photrio.com and is very helpful), but I agree with her. I don't know the names currently in use for "what shows on my screen right after I log in" - is that timeline? Or profile? Or account info?

Sorry, but this one was rolled out without being ready. I'm at the PSA conference and didn't have a chance to check in again until now. Tonight, it just shows a spinning aperture rather than any images.

19. William Michael

Yes. I noticed that it is you who is the OP when Laura responded; but I did not think that samll error mattered that much to the meaning and the context on my comments - the sole intent of my (quite rapid) response to your Opening Post was to assist you resolve the difficulty that you had.

The last time I logged in I was greeted with the "Timeline", I assume that is still so, although I haven't logged in for about six days so I cannot say for sure.
    I normally use Firefox to view PNet.

As previously mentioned, I don't know why this particular functionality happened and I have naught to do with roll-outs.

Lastly, I am sorry for any inconvenienced caused to you, by me not correctly referring to you as the OP.

WW