When did you last project slides?

I keep meaning to do this, for probably two decades by now! Just found a bunch of near-new Carousel trays at the dump today and I have a nice projector and screen. Haven't pulled the screen out in years, so condition is unknown. I remember when the kind of screen to buy was a big topic, what type of lenticular, who made it and how much to spend. I remember setting slides shows to music back in high school. Simon & Garfunkel was popular.

So when was the last time you set up a traditional "slide show"?

I've digitized a huge collection of real, actually existing slides, so it's been at least 10 years since I projected any slides with the exception of a little "pocket" projector I reported on here:

And now for something completely different - TMC Pocket Projector

Earlier, I had tried to get a used Kodak projector, but the ones I got had been used to destruction.....

1980's for me too, though solely for business presentations. If you have a lot of old slides and have (or can get) projection equipment that works, that would be cool! You probably don't need more than this. FWIW, my hifi equipment is early 1980's too and it still works just fine. I can still play my LP's from the 70's and 80's without having to digitize them.

A friend of mine (often) still shoots film and digitally scans her best photos to post online. She also has a lot of old slides taken by her late husband. She's embarked on a project to sort these out and digitize the best of them to post on an online album.

So my view is that 'analog' slide presentations are fine in personal or local settings. To share your best photos to a wider audience, digitization seems the way to go.

When my Kodak Carousel broke, I decided to scan my slides. I created slideshow with music, title, and credits that I show on my 75" UHDTV. I think it's a lot better on the TV than on a slide screen, plus more convenient. The "shows" are stored in a memory card that's plugged into the smart TV. I've given DVD's of them to my daughter as many were her when she was a child, birthdays, vacations, etc. Here's one I did of a scuba vacation I went on years ago that I downloaded to YouTube. That's another convenient way of showing them as well be streaming directly any smart TV anywheres. You can label shows you want to keep private and not available to the regular public to view. This one is only 2K 1920x1080. But all the new ones I create I do in 4K 3840x2160 for the later TV resolution.

About 2002. - It must have been in this home, trying out the 6x6 projector. - I didn't do much about my (way more!) 35mm ones in here though.

Most of my projecting must have been during the 80s too, two homes ago, where I could darken my room.