What software do you use? Also - eventually more use CC Lightroom?

Just interested in what software do you guys use .... Like many that I talk to I mostly use Lightroom it is more catered to more standard photography without the more manipulation ability of Photoshop although I might look into that. I haven't touched Photoshop in years. Do any of you still use standalone software - ie sharpening, noise reduction, HDR, panorama merging etc?

With Adobe pushing people towards subscription and new cameras would probably need that in the future that is inevitable right and Adobe holds the industry standard ... although there are some alternatives. Do you think eventually most Lightroom users will be using Lightroom Classic CC or the Lightroom CC? The Lightroom CC doesn't have a print function and the library features are less. So that means .. more will be using Photoshop?

I don't use Lightroom at home. I'm simply too cheap; assuming I'd last another 3 decades a subscription would cost me a new Leica Q or a pretty wild dream of a PC. Both might not last that long but still appear more desirable than a bit of substitutable code. I am also not very fond of Adobe's licencing policy; i.e. I want a main and a backup PC + a crappy laptop and maybe even a Netbook limping the software I am using on regular machines.

So I have the RAW converters my cameras came with + Fast Stone and random Freeware installed on the bigger machines and the RAW Therapee, Darktable, Picasa mix on everything else.

I'm not deep into post processing and think I am getting along. If needed I can use LR or Photoshop at work.

After considering several options to avoid the adobe subscription I eventually caved (not solely my decision) about a year ago. I hardly ever use lightroom (now Classic) and certainly have no plans to get involved in the new cloud (CC) version. I have gotten used to a workflow involving ACR and photoshop over the years but am currently having a closer look at DxO PhotoLab (I owned the predecessor DxO Optics Pro for many years even though I only used it occasionally). I am also testing ON1 Photo RAW 2017 and Capture One (for Sony). For HDR I have been using Photomatix for years and currently am evaluating MacPhun's Aurora HDR 2018. I use Downloader Pro to rename my images while downloading from the memory card and BreezeBrowser Pro to view and cull (haven't found a software that's more comfortable to use and as fast).
  • Like 1