So you have clicked the shutter, and made your digital enhancements, so what now?

pcnilssen

<p>Christmas has come, and there is finally some time to sit down and contemplate: What to do with the ever growing number of images, stored away on my harddisk(s)? To be more spesific: my private, not "commercial images"</p>

<p>Looking at my own photos, I often get the "a-ha"-feeling: I have not seen that one in a loooong time. I am sure many others feel the same.</p>

<p>What do you guys do? Take the time and make a photo album/book, burn the best to a CD and hope that someone sees them, gives/mails large amounts to relatives and friends and hopes that someone is interested, or just print the best and put them in binders? Or something else?</p>

<p>Or are they simply tucked away on your disks, and you get the "a-ha"-feeling when you by chance find them one day you are at your computer?</p>

<p>I post the best family photos on Facebook for family and friends to see. I have prints made that have family in them and give them the prints; photos of our grandkids are printed and put in albums for us. I post photos during the year of my wife's garden growing also on Facebook. Others taken of my hobbies I often share through online forums. I keep busy!</p>

<p>I make lots of slide shows of family pics and share them with friends and family. I enjoy doing it and they enjoy seeing them. Often, people will request either a file they can print themselves or for me to make a print for them. It's a nice way of sharing.</p>

<p>BTW, I don't make what I consider to be digital enhancements, any more than I'd consider what's done in a darkroom necessarily an enhancement. I process digitally. That may or may not include a wide range of options. I process to create a photo, not to enhance something that doesn't exist until I process it.</p>

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

<p>Having only been at this for 25 years I am of course still learning. When I shoot something worthy of being seen I put it on Facebook as most of my friends and family are there. One day perhaps I will even print something, mat and frame it, and hang it on the wall.</p>

<p>When I shoot film ( and I still do) I only keep the negatives on most of the shots. I would have only a few shots that I like I would work on them, make print, hang on the wall etc... For the most of them only the negatives got kept in a box. I think with the digital I may stuff the RAW in in a drive somewhere. That's all.</p>

<p>Picasa for quick sharing, photo-books for "events" that I'd like to share with the family, some prints for the walls in our house and occasionally for someone else on request, and slide shows for us that we go through on occasion to remind ourselves about how fortunate we've been to have some great adventures.</p>

I just erase them all and try to forget the whole affair, especially Edna who was her usual self. I tell Arthur that unless he

sends me that check by Tuesday the pictures I took of him are going out over the Internet. Same old Christmas with the

family. I hope yours was happy, too.

<p>I post on Facebook and flickr; set my Windows screen saver to show random images from the current year in the kitchen - often get an "a-ha" moment from that; have my current favorite as my desktop and have a photo frame in the lounge.</p>

<p>The plan is to have a few large canvas prints hanging in the living room, but I'm never quite satisfied enough with my pictures!</p>

<p>I started a <a href="http://frankbaiamonte.com/">photo blog</a> a couple of years ago, and use that to share with friends and family. I've been amazed to watch the stats and see how many people find there way to it via a Google search for an image of something. I have no plans to make mine commercial in any way, so I don't plan to even put ads on it. </p>