Photography and superstition

somak_ray

superstition: 1. a belief or notion, not based on reason or knowledge, in or of the ominous significance of a particular thing, circumstance, occurrence, proceeding, or the like.

2. a system or collection of such beliefs.

3. a custom or act based on such a belief.

4. irrational fear of what is unknown

5. any blindly accepted belief or notion.

Sounds like half the discussions on internet photo websites.

fetish: 1. an object regarded with awe as being the embodiment or habitation of a potent spirit or as having magical potency.

2. any object, idea, etc., eliciting unquestioning reverence, respect, or devotion

Do you worship Canon or Nikon?

;)

Always turn your camera off before changing lenses. Word.

Dollar Share Cost value -- like my Fidelity 457 plan -- that damn account has lost $12K for me this year EVEN AFTER I contributed $9K or my hard-earned earnings. Maybe in 5 years it evens out? Talk about a negative year.

Shoot "odd numbers of things" in photos -- just twos or fours is boring! 3's and 5's!

It is always safer not to take pictures but if you do, please remember: Leicas magic is smoth and long lasting while

Nikons is harsh and instantly gratifying, 8X10 all are but big time theft and 35mm unashamedly bold gang robers, in

general, cheap and 6X6 is not the God's creation either. It's all they are, man, we need to see the world in its full

complexity really. So, question should't be "... is it true or not" but how do we use it best and to what end ..?

Actually you can photograph vampires provided you are not using a mirror lens. Also, will be invisible through viewfinder of SLR or TLR, but visible in simple refractive viewfinder or ground glass in view camera. You will have to guess distance if using rangefinder as secondary image of vampire will not be picked up in a rangefinder.