Old equipment

errol young

<p>There are many schools teaching film based photography and darkroom procedures. For sure there are people interested in your gear.<br /> Nikkormats are nice durable cameras; if they are above excellent condition, I`d include them in the classifieds section. If they are users, I`d simply donate them.</p>

<p>Adding to the above, remember too that even pre-AI lenses will work with the Nikon Df, and will also work, though they will not meter, with the lower end digital Nikons (any camera that does not have an AI meter follower). I have several pet pre-AI lenses that I use on my D3200. Some, such as the old 28/3.5, are better in DX format than they ever were on film. A sunny 16 guess and a peek at the histogram, and two stops either way if you shoot RAW, and you can get by without a meter unless you're doing something very quick. </p>

<p>I donated a bunch of old Nikon and Canon bodies and lenses to the Photography class at the local Community College. That was about 10 years ago. My teacher and several of his students were very happy with the gear. I thought about eBay but since these were probably KEH BGN stuff I just gave it away. Unfortunately the classes are all digital now. </p>

<p>If you have pre-AI lenses and a micro 4/3 body...many work very well there via adapters. If your gear is in good condition and you're not inclined to donate it locally to schools, I'd put it up on Ebay. The Nikkormats won't go for much, but there are still people out there who occasionally use them (such as me).</p>

<p>I have Nikon lenses from the 80s. I have shot with them until 2006. Kept all of them. And I am happy. All are AIS lenses and I use them with the D800 and the DF (FX both). I have kept some 10 lenses and some are double. Most F/1,2 and F/1,4 apertures, and the others F/2.8. Very good lenses for night photography, but also by day. Buy a digital body and use all your old lenses, with an adapter if necesarry. At least until you have some of these very expensive new digital lenses. I do the same, have not yet bought any new digital Nikon lens. See my night photographies of Patagonia, all shot with old lenses. Good luck.</p>