Nikon 100mm f2.8 lens hood?

steve_bellayr

Yes, it is the Series E. Is your hood a 50mm or 85mm?

I think it’s this:

SIOTI Camera Long Focus Metal Lens Hood with Cleaning Cloth and Lens Cap Compatible with Leica/Fuji/Nikon/Canon/Samsung Standard Thread Lens https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XK29TX4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_OzoZCbYZBBKQ4

It works great on 100mm but vignettes at the short end on a 75-150. It goes on a 52mm thread and accepts a regular 58mm pinch cap.

Something like the one linked by @andylynn is what I'd rush(!) to buy. (Clarifying: I'd try to find the very cheapest offer on the common online marketplaces.) A hood that takes a cap, which even comes withit, is the best you can find for general use. - I advocate bagging lenses with hood in shooting position, whenever possible. If capping the hood makes sense or is needed is your decision (or maybe camera choice).

If I wanted to shoot into fishtanks or through windows, I might get a long rubber hood for that purpose. *link to generic and slightly overpriced example*. - Narrower might be better. Another reason to buy a rubber hood might be a personal habit to bump your camera against things combined with worries about your focusing helicoid.

I have generic Chinese hoods on my 50mm Summicrons and am sufficiently content with those (they aren't Konica quality but likely to do their job). - I really see no reason to hunt down hoods by camera manufacturers, when avoidable.

There is little optical use in mounting hoods made for wider lenses. For that reason petal hoods and compendium shades exist. IMHO buying a too narrow hood and getting your file or Dremel out, to end with a perfect petal hood, can make sense. (It won't if the hood's filter thread will already cause vignetting on a wide lens.)