New format NOT compatible with Google Chrome

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by mary doo, Feb 12, 2017.

1. I cannot read Photo.Net with Google Chrome. The screen keeps jumping/blinking/flickering. Only happens with Photo.net.

2. Mary, I'm on a PC laptop with Chrome
    Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit) and it runs fine, but the problem is there's nothing to see as all my photos disappeared..!

3. Ran fine on Chrome for me too (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit); but there were reports by others who encountered the same issues Mary describes. I do have issues on the ipad but can't state with certainty whether they are browser related or not.

4. G-P

G-P Administrator Staff Member

Will try to replicate - can you provide browser version and OS?

5. Problem is solved in the How to Manual - Part 1 thread. Charles Monday found that you just need to delete the photonet cookies in the browser.

6. Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit) on my Windows 8.1 seems to be working.
    There have been a couple anomalies that I believe are website related.
    Guess if something appears broken I can try it in Explorer. Might be good when reporting a bug to report which browser you are using and if it happens in more than one browser to rule out compatibility issues with a particular browser.

Maybe it is an issue with your monitor and the brightness of the background? A website shouldn't make your screen jump and flicker. But if using an old cathode ray tube style monitor, I could see voltage changes in circuitry needed to make a screen brighter causing monitor stability problems. Also check if your monitor cables are secure.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017