Lightroom Classic 6.0 new install - not updating or working with D850 NEF files

I have an install of LR Classic 6.0 on one machine (PC) that has been updated a long time ago to 6.14. I have a Nikon D850 and the NEF files work fine with it.

I installed 6.0 on a new machine #2 (2 allowed) a few weeks ago. It did not update to 6.14 but since everything else worked, I didn't worry about it.

I reinstalled LR on machine #2 today because my catalog failed to open, no matter what I did. I've used LR since version 2 so know the quirks, mostly. With the new install, it refuses to recognize my D850 NEF files. CR2 Canon work. Updated to ACR v 12. No change.

I logged onto the Adobe site but it seems there is nothing there for Classic users anymore.

Where do I turn for help?

Thanks for any pointers

It looks like you might need to request, like the OP a link for such older versions as described here:

Solved: Lightroom 6.14 download link! - Adobe Support Community - 10482480

Go to Contact us

-click on the Chat bot on the bottom right hand corner of the first screen

--the chat bot is the circle with a funny looking box with 3 dots inside

-click on Downloading or Installing, then type Agent

AND when you finally do have a download link, be sure to copy every file you download to an external drive (or 2 or 3) so you never have to hunt for download links if they are moved again... also make a text file containing ALL of your serial numbers and copy that file as well

• Like 1

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Lightroom 6.14 is only available for download via a Support-supplied link effective December 9, 2019.

Well at least you can get it that way still then. Still reasonably not cool of Adobe to not support a product that a few years old only. This is my last Adobe product. I bought Capture One v 12 Pro a while ago and prefer it greatly. Better raw engine, much faster, no use of catalogues needed and it works with layers.

Thank you Kevin and Digitaldog.

I am building a new computer and will need the update for Lightroom 6. I just spent 30 minutes waiting for an Adobe rep on chat (not bad for a Saturday). He asked for the serial number and then gave me a link which downloaded a whole new up-to-date (I hope) install of Lightroom. The file was about 1.16 GB

Now all I need is my motherboard, which seems to be sold out everywhere (Amazon assures me it will be in on the 18th) and I can get on with it. My first new computer in 10 years.

Yes, I have the Lightroom file backup on my external drive and soon will have it burned to DVD.

Kevin, I understand your feeling; this will probably be my last Adobe product, too. But for me Lightroom is not only my RAW file processor, it is also, and more importantly, my DAM. That catalog is very important to me. So as long as they runs under Windows, Lightroom 6 and Photoshop CS5 will be my photo processing software.

• Like 1