Is Stephen Penland still photographing?

<p>Visiting the picture of the current week and the absorbing portfolio of Alain D. I came across a critique of Stephen Penland, another excellent photographer. Does anyone have any news of him? I for one miss his able critiques and work.</p>

<p>I, too, grew quite fond of Stephen for all he had to contribute both photographically and critically. We developed a very nice Internet relationship, with all the limits that implies, of course. I had many personal conversations with him through emails and instant messages. He told me of his illness and our communications slowly faded. I'm sorry to let you know Stephen died on June 6, 2014.</p>

<p>It is reported on his web site:</p>

<p>http://www.stephenpenland.com/news/</p>

<p>Stephen, thanks for everything. Your photos are a beautiful and lasting legacy.</p>

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

• 2 weeks later...
<p>I didn't know him personally or trade emails with him but he sounded like a perfect gentlemen willing to help those asking for help. Will talk to editorial about doing a piece on photographers that passed - remember them, reflect on the relationships you had in the past and the ones you have now. Usually when we do this it provides a wonderful perspective on life and the time we have here. Specifically - reminding us to spend more time doing things we love and being with people we love. Time is one thing none of us can create more of. By the sounds of it - Stephen Penland is a wonderful example of a person to remember and maybe just a little of his kindness will find its way into our lives. BTW - I love his bio...sell everything and live in a camper? That took some stones! </p>