Getting Bored?

I watched a YouTube video a while back of someone who ran his Canon 7D for a few days until it died. The shutter actuations were real close to the estimated life of that shutter. At the rate I photograph, I'll be good for a long time also!
  • Like 1

Before you get around to propping your eyes up with a matchstick, have a look, and listen, here.c

Shutter Sounds | Download Shutter Sound Effects Now

That reminds me of sometihng I'd like to record sometime. When you are standing at a corner on a racetrack with a couple of dozen other photographers, especially on a race restart with the cars all bunched up there is this amazing sound of all those cameras set to multiple shots. The cameras reach a dull roar of click/click/click...etc. until the cars get close and all you hear is a few thousand unmuffled horse power, and then as the last car leaves the camera shutters continue until that sound fades away. It's quite the epic thing.

• Like 1

I pretend I am a real photographer and make up projects for myself. I just finished a project documenting the primary election here in Milwaukee two days ago and posted on fb. I waited in line for an hour and a half to vote, talked to other voters (safe social distance of course) and took a lot of photos. It rained and hailed for a bit and then sunny weather. It was a controversial election and was politically charged so I wanted to be there and witness it. There were news outlets from all over the world there so it was interesting to say the least. I also was able to take photos inside the polling station which I didn't think I would be allowed to do. Now that project is done I am going to start a new one that my niece in Minneapolis has been doing with her phone the last few weeks. Walk around the neighborhood with a color in mind to photograph and do a different color the next day etc. election21-copy-2.thumb.jpg.8103ac722f9330234b8f3e3044108ac2.jpg
  • Like 1