European used equipment retailers?

Can anyone share any favourite EU based used equipment sellers with a large stock and sensible prices?

Like KEH, but for us Europeans?

The only one I'm familiar with is Ffordes of London, but I'm worried the current political 'issue' in the UK might make buying from them rather more difficult in future.

(Please no politics in this thread)

So in short, I'm looking for EU based equipment retailers, with a good stock of used gear, a reasonable warranty and sane pricing.

Sorry, maybe I should have been slightly more clear than I was, I'm looking for retailers based in mainland Europe, such as calumetphoto.de

I know that google is my friend, but when it comes to searching in multiple languages, it really is faster and more effective to ask on a forum with an international community.

Thanks for the suggestions Tony, Wex (formerly Calumet UK) I was aware of, but they don't ship outside the UK.

I'm in central France, if that helps. I speak french and english and I can mangle my way through german, italian, spanish when it comes to buying things.

Years ago, I bought a lot of old cameras from Prague. I have not done so recently, so have no idea if they have survival rates higher than here in the USA.

Also there were dealers of Warsaw Pact cameras in Ukraine and other former members of the USSR. Postal rates from there were about the cheapest I've ever found for shipment to the USA.

Germany may still have some specialty shops, but "cheap" never occurred in my experience.

Here, I have found the world market to be very efficient, and I have got multiple Japanese cameras directly from Japan within less than a week and for good prices.

Brick and mortar shop in Copenhagen: www.Photografica.com. They do cater to collectors world wide, but I'm not sure if their homepage has an English version - maybe if viewed through Google Translate?

Their return and warranty policies on second-hand are OK: 1 year warranty, 30 days exchange to something different (not refund) - and I assume that the 14 days return/refund privilege on Internet purchases according to EU consumer law also applies to second-hand.

"Brugt" means used: https://www.photografica.com/brugt-51.html

• Like 1
Niels

• 3 months later...
In France: mpb.com - Buy or Sell Used Photo & Video Equipment (on-line 2nd hand stuff).

In Switzerland : eCommerce (Photo Verdaine).

Photo Verdaine in Geneva is my favorite and in general prices in Switzerland are surprisingly lower than in other European countries both for new and used equipment.

Just picked up (yesterday) a mint condition Nikkor AF-S 85 1.8G for 280 Swiss francs (approx €250) from Photo Verdaine. All their used equipment is listed (without photos) online at the above link. To cap it all, the salespeople are competent and friendly.

Edited by rgs