What makes you leap to the conclusion that the E-6 process has been discontinued?

Of course demand has reduced and individual labs might choose to stop offering the service. But that doesn't mean the process is discontinued. As Tony says, you can also do it yourself if you want.

I get mine done at Peak Imaging in the UK.

As said, processing is certainly around. I'm fortunate to have a lab in my moderately sized city(750,000 people) that does it on site and would probably get it done the same day if I dropped it off when they opened.

Dwayne's in Kansas is my back-up. They've been doing E6 for me for years and do a good job. They are less expensive than my local lab by a couple of dollars a roll, but I usually use the local lab out of preference since I want to keep enough business going their way to keep them open.

I have used the Arista kit from Freestyle Photo at home. Most folks seem to like the Tetanal kit better, but I've been happy with my results from the Arista kit.

Do some maths ... For me they cost twice the price and they use the minilab machines so I just collect my rolls and do a process each year or two years and send it overseas to the USA. Mounting is also available unlike my country. I used Dwaynes and now I use AGX which is a dip dunk system and plastic mounts. It cost $35US for return post and I send it there for $20US. Not sure how long will I hold onto this for though. We cannot get development kits here because no one imports them, USA (B&H, Freestyle) won't send them here due to shipping regulations. Germany once said they could but the total cost was like over 100 Euro.

Try this place: Paulista Foto – Laboratório Fotográfico Profissional

Avenida Angélica, 2057

I know nothing about them, but their website seems more or less current, and says they offer E6 processing.

Dustin, thanks for the answer. I was in Paulista Foto yesterday; no more E6 , just C41 e BW. I shoot 90% in BW, I myself develop and enlarge , but sometimes I enjoy remembering the unbeatable dead Kodachrome 25 and so I use Velvia. .

There is a pro lab near me, but I don't believe that they do it every day.

But often enough, as long as there is some demand. I am usually not in a hurry.

When I drop off E-6, I always stress to please NOT run it unless they have enough to make replenishing worthwhile. Apparently there's enough demand that they run it almost every day anyway-albeit I think one local eye doctor still uses film.

My local pro lab (Dorian Color Lab) shut down the E-6 and C-41 dip and dunk lines about two years ago. Too few rolls for each drain and replace cycle of the chemistry. They keep the B&W line running, with Ilford DD developer. They send out C-41 to Hunt's, who have a leader card machine.