Closed for Passover

<p>Actually, the closing goes from 7PM on April 2, and no orders will be processed or accepted until Sunday, April 12 at 10:00am EDT.<br>

Happy Passover חַג כָשֵׁר וְשָׂמֵחַ<br>

I personally tend to shut down for May Day, but to each their own. ;)</p>

Coincides with Good Friday as it happens. A sacred holiday practiced by observant Jews, Celebrates, as you know, the Exodus story of the Hebrew Scriptures . Important ritual meal is the traditional Seder. Tip. If are invited as a guest, like maybe eat a snack before the event. (Lots of textual and history telling before the meal itself can be consumed. )

I now share a photo from a community Seder on Oahu from years back, but not historical ages back.... You will notice the pained expression on the young girl. Has it been adapted for the twitter generation, that I cannot say. It has a beauty, an elegance of poetic readings, but as a feast it can provoke stomach rumbling.. Yet one usually dresses up, joinswith others, once and that aint all bad for a laid back place out here.

And not to forget, to B and H employees and Henry Posner, a gut yontiff and happy Passover. You deserve the break; likely work hard before and after, to serve us so well.

Shalom.<div>00dDSI-556047984.jpg.061c2f9eb3e12586cbadd1a426820cd9.jpg</div>

Also to all my fellow Jewish members of photo.net.

To those who want to complain that they can't order their newest photographic whim (and their are always a few) during a

major Jewish holiday, well you should be thankful to the Jewish doctors and nurses (and people with jother jobs too) who

take Christmas and Easter shifts so their Christian co-workers who choose to spend time with their families.

<p>One of the nicer traditions of Security Pacific National Bank’s corporate culture (Circa 1970) as it applied to bank officers was the holiday switch. Jews and Christians were on their honor to know of the other religion’s holidays, feast days and anything that might make work hours difficult or awkward. All Officers had to be sure that they offered, before being asked to work their opposite’s shift; take care of their customers and or recordings, etc., so they could properly take part in the respective religious events. Even nicer, this was not done under protest but with genuine respect, open willingness, friendship and duty. </p>

Another interesting coincidence for astrophotographers here and on the west coast my wife informs me from her desktop widget. On Friday night after sunset or rather 2AM here we get to see a total eclipse of the moon, but I am not likely to be out there since it doesn't follow my sleep cycle, that old devil moon. And it will be total for the West Coast on Saturday evening so check times for totality. True lunar eclipses are not so rare a thing. Interesting though if you are up at all hours.

My mind just sort of connected lunar eclipse with lunar calendar . Used by early faiths to set the dates for the holiest of religious holidays. That is a story that I leave to those who are up on the calendar business. Which is an interesting bit of history. Also when DOES sunset actually begin and how did they get the word out before the telegraph I recall there are three different sunsets. Which one starts the golden hour? Which one was best for shooting star sights w/ a sextant?

Anyway, restless minds don't know when to let go. Thanks JDM, glad you like that photo. Bit from the military community at Aloha Jewish Chapel. Its history and back stories are interesting over at the All Hands Club.

Like what a top admiral's wife had to say about its location, and why not as wife is power behind the flag officer on such matters..More gossipy stuff too for the club. Friday service when the spiritual leader kept his lapel mike on, and still on when he went to the loo...hey, we all have our moments. We are laid back as I mentioned above. Retirement is not so bad, that I agree.

<p>Too bad it is raining today, the Carmel Mission is always a good photo opportunity on Easter Sunday. I may go anyway as I here this is a going to be a special one as Father Serra is be sainted this year.</p><div>00dDix-556096584.jpg.483cf19bd056a32673779021bdb8af54.jpg</div>

<p>I think it's great that they take the time off and celebrate their holiday. It would be nice if while they are taking the religious time off they suspend their email marketing as well.</p>

--------------

My Architectual Photography:

Architectural-Cinematographer.com