Canon Thursday Photo 2012: #28

nathangardner

<blockquote>

<p><em><strong>Important</strong>:</em> please keep your image under 700 pixels wide/high for in-line viewing, and <strong><em>please try to keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</em></strong>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site </strong>(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you <strong>new to this thread</strong>? The general guidelines for these Thursday threads are <a href="../canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00X9hq" rel="nofollow"><strong>right here</strong></a>. Remember: only one image each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Happy Thursday everyone! The heat has let off for a bit here in Indiana; today was only 91 (but less humid), which actually felt pleasant compared to last week's 105 temps. I have visited a local pond a couple times this week that is home to a pair of Green Herons as well as a pair of Kingfishers, lots of Wood Ducks and a bunch of other birds. Here is one of the photos of a Green Heron. Let's see those photos!</p><div>00abX8-481577784.jpg.d427072e720ccfa1fed213b5b5808620.jpg</div>

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Nathan, looking at the EXIF info, I can tell you, we've all been there before. I have my custom functions setup on the 7D; C1 for stationary (or slow moving) objects, and C2 for BIF. I've had more than one occasion where I mindlessly switched from a C2 subject to a C1 subject without actually changing the dial. Grrrr.</p>

<p>Robin Smith - great sunset photo!<br>

Jeff Spirer - the guy on the right looks out of place with the top of his head chopped off - almost like he was Photoshopped in later. I like the high key background.<br>

Peter Meade - I'm glad you gave a bit of background because that guy doesn't look like a horse at all. ;-) He looks happy!</p>

<p>Warning: do not try to out-stare this photo.</p>

<p> </p><div>00abYo-481617584.jpg.cf846cd6ccd3b3936c07e085b66354b6.jpg</div>

<p>I did nothing again this past week between summer school and the weather. Happily, summer school ends tomorrow so I will have my mornings back. This is a different shot of the same Least Bittern I posted a few weeks ago.</p><div>00abZg-481635684.jpg.196d5cad85f029b60f2a3a5041a724bd.jpg</div>