Brooks Short (Tampa)

<p>Wasn't quite sure where to post this, but just saw it on another photography forum:</p>

<p>It's with a very sad heart that I'm posting this thread to inform the members of this Photo Community, that Photo Camel member Brooks Short (Brooks) died suddenly on the morning of Thursday July 7th in his office. He was 64 years old.<br /> <br /> His wife, Janice, contacted me to inform me of his passing away (Brooks and I had plans to have Lunch on Sunday July 10th), and asked that I share this news with the Photo Camel community. I'm posting this message in the Still Life forum as this has been the main forum Brooks visited when spending time on this board.<br /> <br /> Janice asked that I convey that Brooks died suddenly, but did not suffer.<br /> <br /> Brooks loved photography. He was proud to be a photographer, the owner of his own photographic studio, and loved being a photographic educator. Anyone spending any time in the Still Life (or Commercial) forums, knows that Brooks gave freely of his time, and shared his vast expertise to anyone with a question about composition, lighting, and anything photography related. On a personal level, Brooks always took the time to respond to my questions about photography.<br /> <br /> I was fortunate enough to have been able to meet Brooks in person, and got together with him every so often on Sundays to have lunch and talk about photography. I valued his friendship, and camaraderie, and he will be missed.<br /> <br /> My sincerest condolences to his wife Janice.</p>

<p>Sad news.</p>

<p>Brooks made many valuable contributions, especially to the Lighting Forum: he assisted many Wedding and Social Events Photographers who sought assistance. He will be missed but notably part of his legacy is contained within his valuable contributions here.</p>

<p>My sincere sympathy is extended to his Wife, Family and Friends.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Sad news. I learned a lot from his posts on the Lighting Forum when I first joined here. His contributions were always on point and helpful. His Lighting Theme threads contained (and still contain) lots of solid helpful info.<br>

My condolences to his family and friends</p>

<p>His posts were always helpful to me especially his lighting and portrait posts. He was always polite and professional, never harsh or overly critical. Anyone know if there are any services planned? Was that his real name? I am here in Tampa/Clearwater. </p>