Anyone use the Hassy Superwide - the old one?

vick_ko

<p>Anyone use the Hassy Superwide - the old one?<br /><br />This was the model before the SWC, with the separate shutter cocking from the body cocking.<br /><br />Does the old Biogon have a nice look for image drawing?<br>

Tell me about the handling and usage of the old Superwide. Is it like using a folder - separate film wind and shutter cocking?<br>

I suspect they need maintenance by now, is that true?<br>

<br /><br />....Vick</p>

<p>You are asking to retrieve memories that goes thousands of six-packs ago. I used both the SWC with its 38mm lens and the 40mm distagon on the 500c body. I liked both, but probably used the 40mm more, simply because it did not mean carrying an extra body at times. I truly loved both. I have always had a bias for wide lenses -- to be honest, so I may not be the best source of information. Plus, those are memories from the '70s!</p>

<p>I have my original SWC which I bought new in 1960, started using it professionally when I opened my first Studio in 1966 London England, along with every other Hasselblad body that they made.<br>

Don’t use it professionally anymore, in the advent of digital media. David Odess did the last service to my SWC and after 50+ years the darn thing just keeps working.<br>

As far as the shutter on my SWC, I’ve heard a few people comment that they are a little stiff and don’t have that silky smooth touch, none of them do’ its part of the internal design, and mine’......I find just seems to get better.</p>

• 8 months later...