next looking for clues but nothing. The film is silver

paper with black edges. It looks like All weather pan but

it doesn't say All weather on it. I'm trying to find out

developing time but I need to know what film I got. Any

idea? Film came from Kodak vest pocket autographic

but I don't know if the film was autographic or it was just

shot in that camera due to lack of proper film. No

markings on the roll except for Ansco.

<p>When you did drugstore B&W processing, they didn't do different times for different films. They just ran them at a generic time that was suitable for Verichrome, or later for Verichrome Pan.<br>

Lower temperatures do reportedly result in less base fog. Sure, go for 60 F or colder with temperature compensation.<br>

When I use HC-110 with old Verichrome Pan (1970's), I'll throw in 10 or 15% more time. But all these "box camera" B&W films are pretty forgiving.</p>

<p>I confess to a certain cavalier attitude about old B&W films.</p>

<p>For me it's pretty much been 8 mins in D-76 at whatever temperature the developer happened to be at. I've never had a real failure with this approach, given latitude and corrections after scanning. </p>

<p>YMMV ;)</p>

<p>So far, I have used Diafine for all my old film. <br>

I tried to buy some HC-110, but it seems that school started up and students bought the whole supply around here.<br>

Maybe a little more fog than with other developers, but VP usually works fine. Even back to 1957.</p>

-- glen

<p>OK so the roll went into 1:50 Rodinal for 10 minutes. Pre soak for 3 minutes, develop, stop, fix. Low and behold! two images are present on the roll. Both are at the very beginning (closer to the core) one I can see a tree and some hills, the second one seems out of focus. The rest of the roll is gone. Nothing but muddy mess. Either the shots were there but deteriorated due to age, or they were never shot. All in all, I can claim one frame from the roll. I will try to scan it and post the pic here. Thanks to those who offered some inside advice.</p>

<p>Back in the late 60's my dad gave me a box of 25 rolls of Ansco 127 to shoot in my Sears (Imperial) Cubex 127. I still have a strip of paper backing and it looks like what's pictured. I think Ansco kept the same type of paper for a while. One problem I had was in my ignorance I was careless about letting light shine on the red film counter window so my Ansco negatives sometimes had an imprint of the frame number in the picture. Never had that happen with Verichrome Pan or Kodacolor-X. But considering the single speed shutter and single element lens, I did get some useable pictures. Based on Freestyle ads in old Popular Photography issues, my film was either All Weather Pan or maybe Versapan (if it was even made in 127?) </p>

<p>There was last week some All Weather Pan 127 on the famous auction site. I bid low and didn't win.<br>

If I do buy film, I hope to be able to use it, though not necessarily get great results.<br>

I believe I have some AWP in 620, though, to try.</p>

-- glen

<p>IIRC, All Weather Pan is an ISO 125 film so if it ages in a similar fashion to Plus-X expect some fog. All Weather Pan was made for a long time so the age would make a difference as well. If the film is older than 1960 it will have a lower recommended speed, but that would be due to the increased safety factor. Ansco, Kodak, Ilford, and others revised their black & white film speed ratings around 1960.</p>