And you thought YOU'D got it bad!

Discussion in 'Casual Photo Conversations' started by stuart_pratt, Sep 11, 2020.

1. I knew what this was about without reading it!

2. Like Topsy, it's not so much a "collection" as it "I spect I grow'd."

Still, Gene M., of fond memory, (Found Films [BTW, not secure]) did wonders with such things.

Ricochetrider likes this.
  3. I did a google search to see if I could find Some photos he took with those cameras. Couldn’t find a one. Bummer.

4. SCL

SCL

Yeah, Gene was one of a kind, helping out people who discovered long past undeveloped films in their cameras, and printing the results here. His wry commentary was a riot. I lost track of him several years ago.

5. SCL

SCL

The pictures remind me of Central Camera in Chicago before it was burned down in the recent riots.

6. If I ever get to deliberately collect even one Instamatic, Lubitel or box Brownie, I'll know it's time to get therapy!

AJG, stuart_pratt and Sanford like this.
  7. I think they will all become valuable or at least of interest but it will take another 100 years.

8. I have an Instamatic 100 and need to get an Instamatic 25. Important cameras to me.

9. I don’t know Joe, I have three of the X Instamatics, the X-15 was my first camera as a kid. I picked up a few earlier Instamatics as well and a few even earlier than that. Then there’s those damn Nikons......:D

Rick H.