A $75,000 Camera you can buy only if you own a Pagani car!

Ah yes! I wouldn't pay a penny to belong to any club. I hate joining club. I want to be myself not belong to any group.

So you belong to that group of people who do not want to belong to a group, more particular the subgroup of those who do not want to pay a penny to belong to that group and subgroup.

And how long do you belong to the group of internet users frequentin PNet again?

And [etc]

So you belong to that group of people who do not want to belong to a group, more particular the subgroup of those who do not want to pay a penny to belong to that group and subgroup.

And how long do you belong to the group of internet users frequentin PNet again?

And [etc]

I didn't pay a penny did I?

"whereby the optical and focal planes can be shifted up to eight degrees.."

Snigger.

And we're supposed to be impressed by that pathetic amount of movement?

I wonder if it comes with a lens machined out of one solid block of glass too?

Form over function rules!

Edited by rodeo_joe|1

Yes. Gibellini's options are mostly about what colour knobs you want. I was curious enough to window-shop for *my* 8x10. For just under 5000 UK pounds (without a lens or film holders) there's a brand-new Toyo 8x10 at Teamwork in London, which out-performs Gibellini's cameras in all the technical stuff. So I guess, with a lens, a stand and some film holders, I could be photographing for less than ten thousand quid; a lot less if I got a used lens; and it would fit in the boot of my Fiat 500.

I wonder if any of those cameras will ever be used? Why wouldn't you offer a special-edition Leica instead; the Westlicht (now Leitz) Photographica auctions always have these.

"whereby the optical and focal planes can be shifted up to eight degrees.."

Snigger.

And we're supposed to be impressed by that pathetic amount of movement?

I wonder if it comes with a lens machined out of one solid block of glass too?

Form over function rules!

OK Form over function rules but it doesn't even look good to me. It looks down right ugly.

• 4 weeks later...