35mm lens to video cam adapter

w_t1

I saw a fellow with a video cam walking around the streets of Seattle, had some rods and platform under the lens, he was

filming and didn't want to bother him, so researching on the web I figured he was using a "35mm adapter", found a video

about the concept. Interesting stuff if you like technology/diy stuff. Tom

I apologize, but if it quacks like a duck (misleading subject heading); and walks like a duck (link to an outside page) and looks like a duck (you need to sign up to see everything)

It's probably not a cow.

Sorry if I jumped to any conclusions,

Peace

Sorry for the confusion, but I've never signed up for anything on that site, i've watched lots of videos there recently, I have no connection to the site and no clue why you can't link directly to the video without signing up. You do realize you have to push the triangular "start" bar? It's not an autostart like youtube and others.

The guy is a rambling idiot. First you'll have video that looks like Hollywood, then he says you can't. My girlfriend wouldn't be caught dead with a Vivitar camera. And who would pay $1800 for a lens adapter when you can nearly by a decent video camera for that amount of money. Then he's going to make his own device for less than $100 with the rotating opaque screen... okay.

35mm adapters have an established place in videography - they give you the same depth of field control as in a 35mm film camera. A surprising number of low-budget and indy films are made with 1/2" or smaller cameras. Because of the small sensor, even professional dv cameras have an enormous depth of field, so you can't get shifting focus effects between subjects. The adapters usually project the image to a ground glass (or something) screen, which is then recorded by the video camera. I'm usually working wide open and can use all the DOF I can get.