agfapan 25 in pyro

jim_appleyard

I tried it, as well as Efke 25, in WD2D+. Both shot at ISO 25, with 9.5 minutes dev time. Pretty good, but for my style, I like these films in Rodinal. I've had good luck with WD2D+ and both HP5 and FP4, although I increase the amount of both solutions (from 8ml to 12ml of each for a 120 roll in 600 ml of working solution) to gain a bit more contrast.

For Adrian - Just use it and move on. Hanging on to that stuff is like staring at an item of clothing left behind by someone who has completely forgotten you, cars nothing for you, and will never, never come back. Agfa has dumped you.

I too preserved mine for those precious occasions, until Maco UP25 came along, and yes! ...YES!!! EFKE!!! TAKE ME!!!

The morning after: "...Agfa who?" (Yawn)

Efke 25 is orthopanchromatic (think of it as halfway between ortho and pan film). Nice stuff. I printed some 120 Efke 25 yesterday and was very impressed with the quality. I'll be buying more. This was developed in ID-11; I haven't tried it in PMK yet.

Adrian, just grabbed a moment on a public computer to see how things were going, so no time to elaborate. But, for indoor work including portrait and figure work I use EFKE films unfiltered. For landscape I reach for the yellows as standard, and others pretty much as Ansel Adams recommended for films of his era.

Looking at another site just now, I found <www.efkefilm.com> and to my delight, that all large format sizes are also made. The site is loaded with technical data.

EFKE films also respond well to the staining effect of pyro developers, or so I recently learnt from elsewhere on photo.net. I am very seriously looking into this. Pyro developers, traditionally considered the domain of the large format, have been delighting users of roll film and 35mm.

Cheers, Kevin.